Out of interest...

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
snudge27
All Zones

Out of interest...

Post by snudge27 »

Having seen it mentioned on the Predict-A-World-Cup thread, which bylaws do we actually break when doing a Tube Challenge? Of course, there's the no-holding-the-doors one (if that exists) - but is there anything else?
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Not that too many...

As long as you don't bump into people, I can only think of using some passages in the wrong direction (probably not really necessary).

Possibly taking a leak in a bottle in a remote corner of a carriage - if that is an offence?
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Running up the wrong escalator? :wink:
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

pushing people over on escalators?
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

<sarcasm>Using a travelcard as opposed to an oyster card?</sarcasm>
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Doing anything that looks remotely like having fun?
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

On a more serious note, interfering with the doors and thus the running of the train. Acting in an unsafe manner!
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
barrykas
Zone 4

Re: Out of interest...

Post by barrykas »

uefacup81 wrote:Having seen it mentioned on the Predict-A-World-Cup thread, which bylaws do we actually break when doing a Tube Challenge? Of course, there's the no-holding-the-doors one (if that exists) - but is there anything else?
Off the top of my head:

6(2): No person shall behave in a disorderly, indecent or offensive manner (Witness the use of a bottle during Tube 7 :-D )
6(8): No person shall molest or wilfully interfere with the comfort or convenience of any person on the railway.
9(1): No person shall use any escalator except by standing or walking on it in the direction intended for travel.
9(4): Where there is a notice by an entrance or exit on any part of the railway indicating that it shall be used for entrance or exit only, no person shall enter by the exit or leave by the entrance. No person shall enter or leave by an emergency exit except in an emergency or when directed to do so by an authorised person.
10(1): No person shall enter through any train door until any person leaving by that door has passed through.
10(5): In the case of automatic closing train doors, no person shall enter or leave by the door when it is closing.
11(1): No person shall move, operate, obstruct, stop or in any other way interfere with any automatic closing train door, train, or any other equipment on the railway except: (i) in an emergency, by means of any equipment on or near which is a notice indicating that is intended to be used in an emergency; or (ii) any equipment intended for the use of passengers in that way in normal operating circumstances.

LU's bylaws (sic) can be found here.
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk