Any August Adventures?

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Any August Adventures?

Post by RichieG »

(I've really got to cut back on my alliteration...)

Is anybody planning to do a FNC during August?

If you were, I was wondering if I could possibly tag along - not to complete the challenge, but to aurally document it. I did a not too bad report of the Aldwych R15 last year (which wasn't too bad given that it was the first time in ages I'd done anything like that; http://www.stupidstupidity.co.uk/2009/1 ... dio-stuff/ is where its at if you want to have a listen. I was going to do the Zone 1 too, but realised that doing it on ones own doesn't work too well, so even though I recorded the station drawing, I didn't do anything else.

The reason is that I'm hoping to apply to do a Radio Production course at uni next year and need to build up a bit of a portfolio!

If nobody is planning on doing anything, then would anybody like to 'fake' a run for the purposes of this? Also, I'd like to get brief 'interviews' from a few of you if possible for the recording.

Having had a look, there's only a couple of weeks I'm available for... but hey - if the timings fit in, then they fit in! If not I'll be looking around the October half term (last week in Oct) instead. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to come up for the Children in Need run in November (am working my part-time job on the Saturday and have used up all but 1¾ of my annual leave; might be able to get TOIL but not sure - ironically, getting the Friday off on my full-time job isn't likely to be a problem!) as that'd be the ideal time to do it but hey ho.
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Re: Any August Adventures?

Post by RichieG »

Well I've just been reminded that the H&C and Circle lines are being worked on on the dates that I can do so it looks like I'll have to go down the 'fake it' route or wait until October...

And there's less dates that I can do than I thought there'd be - from 10 to 18 August, and preferably not 13!

Hey ho... still open if anybody does want to do the 'fake it' plan :)
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.