tubechallenge.de

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

I don't think that each team will make attempts on each challenge, so max. 3 days should be enough.

OK - it's still a long period of time from now to October 2006 and that's good for the arrangements and preparations, but I think if the whole contest will be more than 3 days, some participants could get into job-related trouble (or whatever). It's already difficult now to keep the teams together - among other things due to the fact, that the challengers are from different states (within Germany).

But let's think positive - I'm sure together we'll find a solution.

btw : I know my English is not the best but I'm rather sure that you'll know what I mean
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

CrunchySaviour wrote:YES!!!!!
YES !

We suggest the following periods of time :

03.10.2006 - 05.10.2006

02.10.2006 - 06.10.2006

depending on the expected number of challenges and participants / teams.

Probably in spring 2006 some of the German team members will make a short trip to London, it would be nice if we could have a meeting then (to talk about some details etc.)

Of course we would welcome teams of other countries, too.

We should also make some arrangements regarding the coordination of that event (e. g. splitting / giving tasks to each team or country taking part)
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I'm happy to meet up with your guys if you want to discuss things in the spring (although I'm sure many others will also volunter).

So we now have
1) German Team
2) English Team
3) Sweddish Team - (hopefully)

does anyone else want to propose another team. If we (London) win the bid for the olympics - can we insert this as our chosen event please!!!!
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Due to the fact that there are so many of us English that do the Tube events would it not be a good idea to split England up? Regions such as...

London
Home Counties
Midlands
etc.
(I dont know where everyone comes from)

This would open up the "World Cup" to more people then.
Beary
Zone 2

Post by Beary »

Hello everyone,

I'm also a memer of the German Tube Challenge Team. I very much like the idea of turning it into a kind of 'World Cup'. You should know, however, that our team is not striclty German. We' ll defnitely have a Dutchman in our team and possibly also someone from Luxembourg. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you all nex year.

Thorsten
kizzers
Zone 1

Post by kizzers »

Hi,
I would come up to do something depending on the days. I would prefer late october.
I could organise the results etc...
If following petermiller36's idea, then I would probably be the only South-West team!
I also might see if I can find some frenchies willing to do this.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

well i know that Im not the only Lutonian on here. Simon Guy is also and Anthony comes from Dunstable. theres a couple of Cambridge peeps too Come on the Home Counties!
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

I think in fairness to the guys from Germany, the date willl probably be whatever they decide as they have the travelling to do.
Beary
Zone 2

Post by Beary »

I've just put up a poll for a good name for the 2006 Tube Challenge at http://www.tubechallenge.de/index.php?newlang=english. Let us know what you think. :)
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I'll be out of university and into the big wide world of careers by then, so there's a chance that I won't be able to have a day off, which would be a shame, but I don't mind missing it if everyone else can make it!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

Hi Crunchy,

that would be a great pity. So we all keep our fingers crossed that you will have the chance to take part in the Tube Challenge 2006.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Oh Anthony! How will the Home Counties (or Luton/Dunstable) team survive without you?!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I know, I know. "Compared to me, there's nobody faster" and all that. I'll try to come along though, it will be an ultimately good laugh!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

You will discover the power of the sickday, Maskboy ...
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

CrunchySaviour wrote:I'll be out of university and into the big wide world of careers by then, so there's a chance that I won't be able to have a day off, which would be a shame, but I don't mind missing it if everyone else can make it!
I'm sure that McDonald's will give you a day off :wink: