Post by Simonguy »

Dear God no!

They must be stopped. Or threatened with a return match round the Berlin U Bahn
Total Victory
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

Okay.
Say we have five countries. England, Germany, France and Russia and Sweden. You would also have five challenges (I'm using the ones on the German site for this; there could be more or less). 275, Zone 1, Circle Line, Alphabet, All Lines. Each country would register a team for each challenge. The team could be of an unlimited number, and also there might be no limit to how many times someone could register for a challenge. This would be useful if, for example, only Hakan and Patrick were representing Sweden and therefore had to do every single challenge themselves. This would be acceptable. England, however, has lots of people with varied strengths. Geoff 'n' Neil would be favourites to represemt Blighty in 275, Joy and Zeibura would take on the Alphabet, Tpfkar could do Zone 1, etc.
Each challenge would have five teams participating. The times and positions for each team would be recorded and collated and at the end, we would have the final positions but also the overall 'tube times' for each country, featuring all challenge times added up and therefore determining who has spent the least time on the tube. That country would be the overall winner.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I don't think that's complicated enough. You need to add more to that, surely? ;-)
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

Last edited by Adham on 08 Mar 2021, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Tube Challenge World Cup - brilliant!! I'd go round and do all of them with whoever is nominated seeing as I wont be nominated due to not being good enough for any of them. *cries uncontrollably into dinner*
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Lets not loose sight of the main objective here.

On a day in late 2006 - the German team will atempt all 5 challenges. On that day we need a team to go up against them.

In 1996 - Germany beat England. Let's not let it happen again in 2006!!!
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Adham wrote:Say we have five countries. England, Germany, France and Russia and Sweden.
What about Yorkshire
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

although they act like they're from another country, I believe that they are in fact NOT an individual country. Sorry.
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

geofftech wrote:When people say 'September' is that 2005 or 2006?

I've got no real inclination to do it at the moment until next year.

We're focussing 03. Oct. 2006 for the challenges - but the date is not fixed yet
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

Hi MileEnd. So are you up for turning it into a bit of a contest?
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

Adham wrote:Hi MileEnd. So are you up for turning it into a bit of a contest?
Hi,

I say yes - but we have to ask the whole team. Indeed - that would be a gr8 event - and I think the chances - that such a contest will be possible - are very good.

Within the next days we will discuss it and keep you informed

Would be great !

Volker
MileEnd
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

YES!!!!!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
MileEnd
Zone 1

Post by MileEnd »

Hi

we're considering attempts on the following challenges :

> All Stations (275)
> All Lines
> Zone 1
> Alphabet
> Circle Line
> DLR
> Anti - Circle Line
> How many stations can you do using each line only once

abt. 3 - 5 teams

1 - 3 days
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

Excellent. If you have three to five teams and eight events, then some of you will have to do more than one and so cramming it all into one day probably wouldn't be a good idea. We could spread it out over a week.
Also, as well as the "Station Lines Once" event, I'd like to suggest the sister one to that also - "Stations Without Repetition". That would take us up to nine, so let's round it up to ten to keep it simple.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Adham wrote:Excellent. If you have three to five teams and eight events, then some of you will have to do more than one and so cramming it all into one day probably wouldn't be a good idea. We could spread it out over a week.
Well yes, but also no.

It takes 3 hours to do the zone 1 challenge and an hour to do the all lines challenge - thats possible within say a 6 hour period. Likewise if someone was really enthusiastic they could do the circle and DLR challenges in one day - one in the morning, one in the afternoon. It's still less required than the full challenge. Instantly you've got down to 5 teams needed. October has been chosen so it should be relatively cool and light will not be disapearing too quickly.

If you were to do it over 5 days then each team could do all events and then that just gets to be a pig of organisation.