Suprise First 268 Attempt?

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Suprise First 268 Attempt?

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 14:58 Having a bit of a Lockdown clearout and I've come across our full Journey Log for this attempt on 29/12/2007.

We started at Amersham at 05:28:12 and finished at Heathrow T123 at 22:59:03, giving us a time of 17h30m51s.

It still annoys me a great deal that GWR refused to confirm this as the world record. The reasons they gave were as follows....

1) That not all stations are open on the weekend.... WRONG, all stations were open, so it was a valid attempt.
2) An attempt on a Saturday is not valid..... WRONG, they had already given us authority to attempt if all stations were open.
3) It would be unfair to the current holders if they allowed us the record.... WRONG, we were the current holders.

Had the attempt been validated it would have resulted in three consecutive record attempts.
Yes absolute disgrace from GWR - I was unwell this day but came out to support along with Beer Baron and you seemed to cruise around - even though I recall you had to mess around coming down to do Cannon Street before 2100 closure as well, which wasn't optimum for the route..

Put this in the same draw as another 3 attempts that could also easily attained GWR's
- Driver taking comfort break at T4 - green signal showing for ages and time we finally left missed the train at T123 :x
- Signal failure fairly late on in the day on Viccie line near Pimilico when ahead of GWR pace
- "Ill at Oakwood" - Starkey not feeling well when in the Clapham area on Northern Line, we pressed on until he virtually collapsed and we covered him with jackets on bench on platform at Oakwood and phoned his dad to come and take him home - again we were ahead of GWR pace quite late in the day

We all watched "Tube 10" the other night, which was the disastrous Tube Olympics attempt on a scorching hot day where everything went wrong :(
Dr Who + Beer Baron said they would be up for another attempt with all the Browns :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Can you remember if the Camera that Dr Who left on a train during one of our challenges was a Video Camera or a normal camera? Ive been trying to find my JVC HDD camera, but have only managed to find an empty box?
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 19:35 Can you remember if the Camera that Dr Who left on a train during one of our challenges was a Video Camera or a normal camera? Ive been trying to find my JVC HDD camera, but have only managed to find an empty box?
It was the video camera Piccadilly line train during an interchange in central London if I remember correctly. Was on the area behind the seat and window and we realised within a few seconds of getting off, had a quick look back in the carriage but had vanished :( The camera was another time which you lost yourself and sadly neither turned up at lost property in Baker Street
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I'd not seen this before, being from four years before I joined the forum. A great read! :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)