Z1 September 28th

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
nozzacook
All Zones

Z1 September 28th

Post by nozzacook »

I will be doing a Zone 1 on Friday 28th Sept Starting at Kings Cross Starting at around 7pm if anyone is interested meet at the end of the southbound Piccadilly line Platform about 6.45pm.

Departure can be in any direction.

Meet at Earls Court Mc D's after, time allowing.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Should be able to make it, 1845 might be a push but should get there for 1900...... Nice starting station :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

kings cross is indeed a very interesting starting station. not sure i'd go for it myself if given a choice. anyway i can't acutally make this due to the fact i'm moving on this date!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Ive Done a few Z1 and have never started from here so thought Id give it a try
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

I can't see how a KCSP start is meant to work at all... if you're deliberately starting there, it implies that you're not going to revisit it later in the attempt (because otherwise you're better off starting the stopwatch at the next station along). Farringdon to Angel run? Rather you than me...

For what it's worth, I reckon there are some good potential routes from the stations adjacent to KCSP, on paper at least. (They don't seem very popular with people who've spent more time attempting / simulating it, though, which probably says something...)
"This train is for King George the Fifth. So you can't go on it."
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Hi Nozza, I would love to join you but me & Mrs Soup Dragon will be enjoying a romantic weekend near Bristol. :roll:
One day I shall return!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I can only think of one good way of not re-visiting Kings Cross. Leave on the Northern line towards Angel, and later do the Farringdon to Chancery Lane (or St Pauls) run, the Euston to Euston Square run and the Goodge Street to Russell Square run. Nonetheless you'd have to be mental (or I) to want to do that!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Starkey7 wrote:I can only think of one good way of not re-visiting Kings Cross. Leave on the Northern line towards Angel, and later do the Farringdon to Chancery Lane (or St Pauls) run, the Euston to Euston Square run and the Goodge Street to Russell Square run. Nonetheless you'd have to be mental (or I) to want to do that!
Well I do intend to visit Kings X again (as I am not you or mental :shock: :wink: ) so I will be starting the watch again from the 2nd station I visit just in case I manage to ever get a Z1 below 3 hours... :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

This really isn't fair. As soon as I go off to university for the Autumn you all start tearing around Zone 1!

Hmph.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

It'll still be there when you come back.

I have to wait until 2009 until the USA government let Geoff come back to the UK for long enough for us to plan beating you all on the 275. ;)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Starkey7 wrote:This really isn't fair. As soon as I go off to university for the Autumn you all start tearing around Zone 1!

Hmph.
I know it has been a very quiet since official Z1 then we get 2 in a week. It's a conspiracy I tell you, wait until young starkey returns to Uni and claim his Z1 record....... :shock: :wink:
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tubeguru wrote:It'll still be there when you come back.

I have to wait until 2009 until the USA government let Geoff come back to the UK for long enough for us to plan beating you all on the 275. ;)
Hey hey fighting talk Neil, 275 / 269 / 270 whatever it may be in 2009, bring it on :D
Last edited by Going Underground on 13 Sep 2007, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Neil why do you think we are all doing this now Its our only time to steal your limelight. :D
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Just thought I would bump this thread as Nozzacook is coming up all the way from St Just in Cornwall...... See attached link you can't go much further South West :shock:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... 3&ay=31593

It would be nice to get a decent turn out for this one....... :D
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Cheers Kev Just a reminder to anybody thinking of coming along and planning a route that the Victoria Line closes at 22:00