Cannon Street Run - Zone 1 - 19th September

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Walking the plank means not minding the gap, I presume?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Starkey7 wrote:Walking the plank means not minding the gap, I presume?
Yarrr... that it be young master Starkey. Thar be another option that be a thrashin' with a Cat o nine tails, but that is only reserved for the scurviest of seadogs.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Aaarrghh.... the eve of pirates be upon us all.
Now I've been a thinkin' and perhaps setting sail for zone one could be a task even too big for Capt'n Jack. So what do me fellow shipmates think 'bout doing a bottle instead? That would give all us pirates plenty of time to get to ye pub on time and consume vast amounts of ale.
What ye say to that me scallywags?
One day I shall return!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Soup Dragon wrote:Aaarrghh.... the eve of pirates be upon us all.
Now I've been a thinkin' and perhaps setting sail for zone one could be a task even too big for Capt'n Jack. So what do me fellow shipmates think 'bout doing a bottle instead? That would give all us pirates plenty of time to get to ye pub on time and consume vast amounts of ale.
What ye say to that me scallywags?
sounds like a good idea. either that or we change the pub to one actually in zone 1?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Aaaarrgghh

There may be choppy waters on the horizon and could be calmer seas to sail in thar bottle.........

We can decide when me weigh anchor at thar port of Cannon Street, not the best sailing departure to steer a course through ye cursed bottle... :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Well the sequel was just as exiting as Cannon Street Run I and hopefully the Soup Dragon will do a full write up and publish the times......

Good fun was had by all both at the challenge and the Piratey Pub afterwards.......

Due to time restraints this was changed to A Bottle Challenge

Well I teamed up with K9 and we headed east to King X for the first of many sexy changes......
Changing onto the dist/circle coming up the lifts at Gloucs Road I wanted to head back in the direction of Embankment..... As we run onto the eastbound platform a train was there, great :P

When they announced 2 minutes later the next station was H.S.K. we didn't feel so chipper :(

Eastbound from Gloucs Road goes to H.S.K. how the hell does that work :evil:

Well as H.S.K. was supposed to be our finishing station I re-worked the route doubled back and now we would end up at Edgware Rd (Bakerloo)..

Several more sexy changes saw us on District Line Edgware Road terminating train, we were trying to get to Euston Square at this point so hoping to pick up an H & C......

Nothing due in on the boards as Edgware Rd so we hang about a few minutes and still nothing, we pick up a local map of how to get to the Bakerloo Station (never having done this before) and pick up a train straight away.........

Our finishing station has now changed for the third time to Gt Portland Street...... :shock:

Some more sexy changes saw us on the homeward run, arriving at Warren Street with just over 2 hours on the clock we only had to run to Euston Sq and go one stop to Gt Portland St to finish :P

We set off on the run and it seems to be taking ages, I am just about to stop and turn around or ask someone for directions when Ryan spots the Roundel, at last I say and we arrive at Goodge Street :oops: :shock:

Ok lets try that again, down to the Northern Line, this time slow down a bit and follow the signs to Euston Sq, again the run seems to take too long and I see we are opposite Mainline Euston :shock: :oops:

We turn around head back and neither of us had noticed that station as boarded up there was scaffolding as we had run past it the first time... :oops:

So The Euston Triangle (or nightmare on Goodge Street) strikes again :!: :roll:

So after all that where did our team finish :?: We await Capt'n jack to confirm all the times..........

Cannon Street Run III in the planning already, watch this space :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Ahoy Shipmates,
Capt'n Jack decided to bottle it and ditched the idea of a Zone 1, forcing all the other seadogs to change their sailing plans and head for the calmer waters of a "Bottle" Challenge.

So here be thar official results of the Cannon Street Run II

1. 2:02:00 Capt'n Jack & Master Jamie (Soup Dragon & Dr Who)
2. 2:18:10 Marble Aaaarrrrch (Going Underground & K9)
3. 2:20:51 Master Tangy (Tangy)
4. 2:23:36 Aaaarrrrnos Grove (Dudey & Jack Bynoe)
5. 2:28:25 Master Matt (scrxisi)

Capt'n Jack and Master Jamie had calm seas for the entire voyage. We didnt have to lay anchor for more than 1 minute at any port. We had 8 exceptionally good connections including 3 central line vessels with a 1 minute wait for each.

We was shocked and stunned to be able to sail around ye Bottle in a time of 2 hours 2 minutes exactly. Given that we set sail from Cannon Street we did'nt expect to get a top three time.

We arrived at Ye Capt'n Kidd in very good time to be greeted by a pair of Scandivian Vikings who had sailed the seven seas to try and plunder themselves a GWR. It was very nice to see our Swedish friends and share a couple of flagoons of foaming ale.

Avast and here's to the Cannon Street Run III
One day I shall return!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Soup Dragon wrote:Ahoy Shipmates,
Capt'n Jack decided to bottle it and ditched the idea of a Zone 1, forcing all the other seadogs to change their sailing plans and head for the calmer waters of a "Bottle" Challenge.
Shouldn't that be "message in a bottle challenge"?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Central Line vessels?! Soup Dragon your report had me in stitches.

Going Underground your report also had me in stitches, but for different reasons...
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Starkey7 wrote:Central Line vessels?! Soup Dragon your report had me in stitches.

Going Underground your report also had me in stitches, but for different reasons...
I just can't cope without you there John........ :!: :?
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

Starkey7 wrote:Central Line vessels?!

He means Circle Line Vessels. :wink:
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Dr Who wrote:
Starkey7 wrote:Central Line vessels?!

He means Circle Line Vessels. :wink:
Aye, that I do.
One day I shall return!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Ive added the times to my site.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

jonny wrote:Ive added the times to my site.
Ahoy Master Jonny, the times don't appear to be on ye syte? Ye may want to check it out.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

scrxisi wrote:I had a good night, and am really impressed by the pub (was my first visit). My run was less good - I could moan about 12 minutes waiting in Edgware road and seeing two trains shut their doors in my face but alas this is the joy of tube challenges :) 5th place, as I prefer to call my position, is quite nice and my girlfriend and workmates were all well impressed. None of them know the size of the field and that way it will stay :)
You could also impress them by saying that it was the 26th fastest time in the history of the Bottle.
One day I shall return!