Vauxhall Zone 1 - Friday 22nd June

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Vauxhall Zone 1 - Friday 22nd June

Post by Soup Dragon »

Ollie is doing some other challenges during the day.
Myself & Dr Who are planning to join Ollie in the evening for a Z1 starting from Vauxhall, meeting at 18:15. Could anyone else interested in joining us please contact Ollie or myself.
One day I shall return!
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

I love the way my name is always put down for doing a challenge when I never agree to it, not that I mind of course!
This will be my 29th Challenge since Zone 1 Day 2006 :D
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

*shakes head very slowly*
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

So I'll take it that you're not planning on coming out of Z1 retirement then Neil?
One day I shall return!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Not at the moment.

The only thing I'll consider coming out of retirement for is 275.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The Zone 1 attempt did not go very well last night. We just missed a Met train at Aldgate and had to wait a further 5 minutes for a Circle. We then made 4 rather sexy changes before heading upto Euston, where we had to wait 10 minutes for a Northern line train to Moorgate. We then needed an H&C for Paddington and there was nothing showing on the boards, we took a Met service as far as GPS while I did some calculations, and this soon revealed that sub-3 hours would be impossible, therefore we decided to abort and go and meet Kevin, Ryan, Ping Pon & Ollie for a Bottle starting at Sloane Square.

The journey was ok as far as Westminster, but it then took a very long time to get to Sloane Sq because the DIS/CIR had come to a grinding halt due to signal problems at Earls Court. By the time we got to Sloane Sq it seemed pointless doing a Bottle as we would not pass through Cannon Street in time, we therefore decided it would be a good idea (with the problems at Earls Court) to attempt a "Run faster than a District Line train" between South Ken and West Brompton.

Needless to say, those of us who attempted the run thrashed the train by a country mile :)
One day I shall return!