Does anyone here live in London?

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Garion
All Zones

Does anyone here live in London?

Post by Garion »

Hi.
Does anyone here live in London? If so, I need your help.

I would like to get an application form for a 16/17 Oyster Photocard for the Underground. Since they're only obtainable from Greater London Post Offices and I live in Cardiff, I cant get one. I will be going to london shortly and will be in need of one of these cards so I can get discounted travel on the Underground.

If anyone here lives in Central London, and can get three of these forms please? Me and a friend will me moving shortly and would like to have these already before we go. If you can get these forms, can you PM me and I will email you the address in which to send it to.

Many Thanks
Garion :)

PS I just had a look on the TFL website and people in areas just outside Greater London (Slough, Amersham, Epsom etc) can also get these forms so if you can get me a few, I'd be very grateful. Thanks
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Hi, I don't know if it will be suitable for you as you are planning on moving into London, but you can get Visitor photocards which (i think) work in the same way. The only difference, if I am right, is that you get a form sent in the post, and you collect it from a Travel Information Centre.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

It's only for a few weeks but thanks for the info anyway :)
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

what's only for a few weeks? the validity of a visitor oyster or the time that you're in london? if the former then i was clearly wrong (as usual).
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I'll only be in London for a few weeks. Sorry, I should have said it more clearly
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

nah, i was just asking.