Leaving London do

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tpfkar
Zone 4

Leaving London do

Post by tpfkar »

Hi everyone,

sorry about the late notice but I'm having a leaving do this weekend, and would like to invite all tube challengers who are around.

It's a triple celebration (or comiseration...I'll leave it to you to decide!) to mark my recent 24th birthday, leaving working in Westminster, and also leaving London after over 2 years of terrorising pedestrians on my bike, terrorising everyone by running around the tube network, and making a lot of friends in the capital.

I'm having it on Saturday evening at the Red Lion pub in Westminster. It has a good outdoor area, so it should be fine for under 18s to come.

Details are here:
http://www.pub-explorer.com/gtlondon/pu ... onsw1a.htm

To find it, either leave Downing Street, turn right and it's on your left, or from Westminster Tube station, go out of the main exit onto Bridge St, turn right then right again onto Parliament St, and it's in front of you.

The plan is to meet from 6pm on Saturday 28th, probably stay till 8 or 9, then find somewhere to eat-please come for as long or as little as you like. It's going to be very relaxed, mainly a chance to say goodbye to some of the friends I've made here.

I'm going to be moving to Milton Keynes to take up a new job working in accommodation software. As a result I will likely be less active from a tube challenging pov, however I may still pop back here from time to time.

The best email address to get me on will still be tpfkar at bigfoot.com

Hope to see you on Saturday,

Ric
londongirl
Zone 3

Post by londongirl »

Hope you had a good one! Ended up at work all evening otherwise I may have popped by to say hi. Nonetheless hope it was a good night.
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

thanks londongirl.

was a nice night with a few friends, although I was only driving out of London after midnight due to leaving my car somewhere remote!

New job starts tomorrow, new city, new people, so I guess I'll take a back seat for a while from all this tubechallenging. But never say never...
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Best wishes for your new job in a new City Ric, hope everything works out well for you. Do keep popping back when you have time though!
All the best mate,
Steve
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hey, Eastcote is hardly remote!!!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sorry Ric didn't get a chance to come into town on Saturday... I thought I better spend some time with Mrs Going Underground as I only saw her for about 5 mins during half term week... :shock:

Keep in touch and hopefully see you on some challenges again at a later date, even if you do keep coming in first every time :wink:

Remember no one is as slick as Ric.... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
londongirl
Zone 3

Post by londongirl »

although we've met about twice, you shall be missed whilst tube challenging. enjoy the new job and city! hopefully they'll be interesting at least