Zone 1 Challenge-Paddington how many lines need to be used?

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here

Should Paddington H & C be visited on Z1 attempts?

Yes
68%
No
21%
I really don't give a flying crap
11%

Total votes: 19

hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

sweek wrote:Well, in the title of this thread you are already assuming we are talking about two stations here, while I thought the argument was that that they are actually one station, not shown as one as to make people take the easier interchange? One of the arguments, anyway.
Excellent point! In fact if you have Paddington (the unified) as start station of a Z1C, I think it'd reasonable to have a route that not visits the Bak/Cir/Dis part, but rather only the H&C part... (At least after Regent's park reopens).
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

sweek wrote:Well, in the title of this thread you are already assuming we are talking about two stations here, while I thought the argument was that that they are actually part of one station, not shown as one as to make people take the easier interchange? One of the arguments, anyway.
I wasn't actually assuming anything but I have re-worded the title slightly anyway :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

hwolge wrote:
sweek wrote:Well, in the title of this thread you are already assuming we are talking about two stations here, while I thought the argument was that that they are actually one station, not shown as one as to make people take the easier interchange? One of the arguments, anyway.
Excellent point! In fact if you have Paddington (the unified) as start station of a Z1C, I think it'd reasonable to have a route that not visits the Bak/Cir/Dis part, but rather only the H&C part... (At least after Regent's park reopens).
Yes exactly I was going to say earlier the yes/no vote should be not JUST be against using the H & C but also the Bak/District/Circle... Yes of course you have to go to Paddington on a Z1 but to do you have to use BOTH the H & C and either Bak/Dist/Cir?

Topic title and wording changed to cover this, happy now :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I would say we keep both Paddingtons in because to remove one would de-value any future record attempts. Keep Z1 as 64 stations as it's a nice even number.
One day I shall return!