Are we taking the alternative challenges too far?

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here

Are we taking the alternative challenges too far?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 26

tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

If you're a 275 purist, simply keep out of this area on the forum! Problem solved as I see it.

Although the more attempts made at Z1, the more chance of someone getting a really really good time....
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Right. I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but here is my point of view:

In 2005, there was one mass Zone 1 challenge. Despite people wanting another to happen around September, it didn't. This was justified with it not being anywhere near as exciting if it happens more than once a year.

Now, every time I log on here, I see someone organising some kind of group challeng, be it Zone 1 or otherwise. And, quite frankly, it's starting to lose its appeal.

That's not to say people should stop doing various challenges, but for christ's sake- stop making events out of it!
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I don't know so much. They're not so much events, it's just that one person has decided to do one, and is allowing others to come too. Since it's far more fun doing challenges with other people than going alone, I don't see that one has anything to lose by inviting others.
Dr Who
Zone 6

Post by Dr Who »

Have to agree with Starkey's point of view here. Nobody said they were events, simply that when someone is doing a challenge they post a date and it is more fun if others can turn up and join in as well... :D

The official Z1 is obviously an event and can certainly be viewed upon differently from any other alternative challenges....
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Nutteronabus wrote:Now, every time I log on here, I see someone organising some kind of group challeng, be it Zone 1 or otherwise. And, quite frankly, it's starting to lose its appeal.
Chris... its quite simple and has already been mentioned earlier in this thread. If your not bothered about these alternative challenges nobody is forcing you to read this part of the forum... quite simple really :)

You can just ignore alternative challenges and not bother reading this part of the forum until May 2007. I don't see what's wrong with saying I'm doing a Z1 does anyone fancy joining me? Nobody is trying to rival the official Z1 day.