One last go?

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Root
All Zones

One last go?

Post by Root »

**** Charity, I want a record.

As you may or may not know, I hope to soon start work with a certain 'Londergroumited'. I fear that I will have to drastically cut back on my Tube Challenging if I do get the job, or at the very least wear a mask... ;)

Anyway, because I was so disappointed with my last attempt, thank you Central Line, I really want to do it again before I potentially put the whole thing on hold. It now turns out that, because I didn't visit Shoreditch, I didn't actually visit every station, which sucks - I still haven't done it.

The route will be completely different to the one Ric, Adham and I used last time. I won't divulge any more than that for now.

Basically, I want one team-mate and one all-day support person. The latter would start and stop the stopwatch, be available to hold trains if required, get train numbers if we miss them and bring supplies. I know that's a lot to ask, but it's easier than organising lots of people to do shifts. Heck, I've done it for David and Ric, Sam and Steve, so I'm sure one of them would do it for me :P.

It'll have to be soon - either the 18th or 19th of July (yes, this month) would be ideal. I know that's short notice, but you do not need to worry about accomodation, the route (although that will be negotiable), transport to the start & from the end, helpers, supplies or equipment - I'll have all of that organised. All you need to do is make sure you're available and fit. You'll have to pay for your own Travelcard though!

Who's up for it? Yes, I know that we'll have to do Shoreditch AND Heathrow 4 by replacement bus (unless Guinness respond to my whingeing in a super-fast and super-positive way), but it can still be done.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (well, not really, but who could turn down 18 hours of my company?) - everything is sorted for you, just commit and turn up, and give it a go.

Go on...
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

shotgun teammate!! I'm there with ya Root. The 19th works better for me as I have training on the 18th.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I would offer to help you on your attempt, but unfortunately myself and Sam will be out of the country on the two days that you have outlined for your attempt, sorry mate!
Adham
Zone 4

Post by Adham »

**** Charity, I want a record.
My sentiments entirely. I don't think I'll be able to help, though I would very much like to. I'll let you know if anything changes.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

petermiller36 wrote:shotgun teammate!! I'm there with ya Root. The 19th works better for me as I have training on the 18th.
Done - you are my "regular" team-mate after all! The 19th is great. We should meet up to discuss the route and 'stuff' - probably in London. When's a good date for you to do this? I'm free all of this week and next except Tuesday.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

sorry mate. just to bugger things right up... my 5aside team (which is my work) won the sportmanship trophy for the league and as a result we are now playing on the 19th. So does the 18th work??
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Yeah, sure.

If you come to the Tube Challenge day, you can come back with me to spend the night (yes, I can reveal we will be starting in the North-West corner) before our early start the next morning.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

spend the night?? ;) oi oi! Premature celebrations there then!
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

petermiller36 wrote:spend the night?? ;) oi oi! Premature celebrations there then!
You're supposed to be getting some rest!
(turning off the hot water so you can only have cold showers may be a good move)
- Andrew
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

The hot water isn't working in my house anyway!

Pete: You have a dirty mind. You'll have a sleeping bag, I'll be in my bed. No swapping.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Okay, we now have someone who is able to help from the start of the day until late afternoon. Is anybody available to help out from around 3-5 PM until the finish? It would be much appreciated - of course, you don't need to worry about accomodation or anything.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Permission to kill me...

I'm having to pull out Ollie. The gaffer hasnt given permission to miss training that tuesday night. Sorry about that. If I want any chance of playing for Ware then I have to do what he says really. He's not keen on me doing a Tube Challenge during pre season anyway but he says its my choice on my free days... so how about a Monday or Wednesday or Friday...? Anything from the 20th July onwards... (probably)
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

If you're going ahead on the 18th, I could feasibly stop the stopwatch if required. Lift back to Balham would be good but not essential as I'd be off the next day, so somewhere to stay the night would also work.

Also, it appears that I'll be staying in London a few months more at least, so although my contract with church is up soon, I'll not be going too far.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Normally that would be fine, but I'm going on holiday on the 22nd, so that leaves only the 21st... I hardly want to be doing it the day before I go away!

Perhaps you & I will have to do this another time, Pete. I'll find someone else to do it with this time, hopefully.

You still coming on the Monday, to the TC day?
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah of course. i might b poppin off to Wimbledon in the evening to watch the Wombles in a friendly, but i'll b back for the pub though.