Bottle Challenge - 7th July 2006

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Going Underground - Apologies for stirring up a bit of debate and controversy here...
Debate is healthy, and that's the whole point of asking the question.
If we do go ahead I agree that it would be good to have a no-running rule, apart from above ground such as Queensway-Bayswater. We are'nt planning to break any records, and just using the time to try out a couple of route ideas.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

OK
Last edited by Soup Dragon on 04 Jul 2006, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

fellow Tube Challengers, I feel that I have to speak up. I feel that doing a Tube Challenge of any sort and at any speed on the 7th July is wrong. Firstly it is just the first anniversairy of the terrible events. There will be a lot of sensitivity and grieving taking place in London on that day and I do not feel that a Challenge is a suitable way to support those grieving. Yes of course normal life must carry on, I just feel that we need to be supportive of the relatives and the staff of the LU by not doing a challenge that day. I know the daughter of one of the LU Chaplains who personally mentored the drivers on that day. They know of Tube Challenging and it certainly doesn't release pressure from them, it only builds. I do believe that Tube Challenging is good and right (something that the chaplain and daughter disagree with me on), but its not right for this Friday. Sorry guys.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Hear Hear, Peter.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Security has been stepped up already over the past few days and it is set to be steped up again. I've seen an increasing number of stop and checks and a number of these have been people 'rushing' to get from A to B.

Your heat is in the right place but you need to let common sence prevail on this one.

Just for this year - give it a miss. You've only got to take a look at the way London is marking the day with a two minute silence at noon followed by a memorial service. Next year they have the Tour-de-France starting on 7/7 signalling a step change in emotion.