Longest 'on foot' section

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I always run across the road - taking care to avoid traffic, of course. I nearly slipped over in the underpass once: never again. Also, running back up out of the underpass can be knackering if you're sprinting!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

well the common runs are north ealing, north harrow, northwick park, new cross and west ruislip? i'd say west ruislip was probably the longest geographically although north harrow tends to seem it because west harrow station is such a bloody maze.
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

It's simple! Come out of the station, turn right, then if you take the second left you have nothing to do but follow the road straight all the way to a roundabout, turn right and you will see the roundel by the entrance. The only confusing thing is you can see the North Harrow-HOTH stretch of track on the left, which confused me on my first try :P.

Ickenham-West Ruislip is horrible because of the slope. Doing it the other way round is not so bad, but I would still say the Harrow run is worse than both because it is the first exertion of the morning and your muscles haven't warmed up yet.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I know of two peoplw who elected to do Cockfosters to High Barnet ON FOOT - ALL THE WAY! rather than wait for the 307.

I also think it's quicker to jog Canons Park to Edgware if there is no bus coming...

Morden to South Wimbledon? Can be done on a run.

I can think of a couple of others but I would be really giving some key facts away!
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

geofftech wrote: Morden to South Wimbledon? Can be done on a run.
why would anyone want to do that? geoff, i think you're turning into an american :wink:

when i said west harrow was a maze i meant the station. i seem to remember just crossing platforms involved running over several bridges
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

The south harrow run is a nightmare, and definately not worth trying!
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!