Lunatic's Roads Streets and Lanes

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Lunaticonthegrass
Zone 4

Lunatic's Roads Streets and Lanes

Post by Lunaticonthegrass »

Long story short - I had an opportunity to do some tube action last Friday (1st September). Chose to do the Roads Streets and Lanes challenge as I'd missed the Tim Brooke-Taylor Memorial Challenge earlier in the year and because I had a good route I wanted to try.

It all went well to start with. Went a train down early on due to a "passenger incident" causing some delays, but managed to get this time back and then went 5 minutes ahead of schedule. I stayed 5 minutes ahead for some time, but good things never last.

The Circle Line service was suspended due to "non-availability of trains". I knew about this when I started the challenge and I'd hoped it was a temporary thing, but it was still in place when I reached the Earl's Court/Hammersmith area, and 5 minutes ahead quickly went to 10 minutes behind due to fewer trains on the Hammersmith loop and having to go via Earl's Court to get between Gloucester Road and HSK. I managed to make a bit of time back after that, but then the Central Line threw a wobbley and I had a 7 minute wait at Bond Street. Apart from that, everything went well and I finished with a time of 3:51:51.

Thus you will understand why I haven't given you my route. Only 4 minutes behind the current fastest time when 10 minutes behind schedule means that this route definitely has record potential. I just need to get out there on a day when all the lines are functioning.

The other thing I need to work on is door positions. I screwed up spectacularly on several of these, either from not understanding my own notes or misrecording information.
Full Network (270 stations) - 18:22:43
Current South London record holder - 2:04:11
1 pint in 18 seconds
EastActionWoman
Zone 4

Re: Lunatic's Roads Streets and Lanes

Post by EastActionWoman »

Nice work - shame about the Circle line. I need to see if I can take some time of my route - would probably involve having to run rather than brisk walk :lol:
Not a plus one :wink:
Roads, Streets and Lanes (2020-08-28) 3:46:16
Prague metro (2020-02-18) 2:27:56
All the Actons (2021-11-20) 0:42:34