Challenges start of November

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Vinzenz13
Zone 1

Challenges start of November

Post by Vinzenz13 »

Hey guys,
I’m from Germany and visiting London from the 1st to the 5th of November. I have planned to do some alternative challenges in that time, especially the All the Actons challenge for which I have figured out a route that could beat the current record with lots of luck, but I have some questions for you:
1. How do I have to document the challenges to get onto the leaderboard and
2. Is there anyone who has planned or would be able to do one of these challenges in that time?

Sorry for the bad English, it’s my first time here.
Munich U-Bahn 04:26:01
Iain
All Zones

Re: Challenges start of November

Post by Iain »

Unless it's a full network and you want Guinness to recognise it then it's pretty much done on an honour system - i.e. you're taken at your word.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

If it's a longer challenge I would do a logbook. Not for proof or anything just so you have a permanent record of it to look at afterwards
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916
Sheffield Supertram: 3:17:29
London Underground (243 stations): 18:06:49
Vienna U Bahn (FNC): 5:04:47
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Good luck with the alternative challenges. There is a lot of information at https://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge/

The rules for All The Actons are at https://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubech ... nrules.htm

Rule 8 says: In order to verify your attempt (and for your time to appear on the leaderboard) it is requested that challengers keep a journey log of their challenge showing your start and finish stations, route and interchange points with arrival and/or departure times for each as appropriate. The logging of arrival and departure time at every intermediate station is not required (but can do so if you wish).

Most challenges have that rule.

Best wishes, DavidC
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Though I'm not aware of anyone ever compiling a log for any of the mini-challenges. As has already been pointed out, Tangy generally tends to work on an honesty basis.

Though if you do want to keep a log, the simplest way is to turn on the date/time stamp function on your camera and photograph the station signs.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

You could always join us for the R15 - 1st round in 2023/24 is soon on 16th Sept
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Vinzenz13
Zone 1

Post by Vinzenz13 »

If there’s one between the 1st and 6th of November yes, otherwise sadly it’s not going to be possible.
Munich U-Bahn 04:26:01