Counting game website

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Counting game website

Post by GuyBarry »

Hi - this post is mainly aimed at those of you who took part in the Counting thread a few years ago.

Would any of you be interested in seeing your material in a new website I'm contemplating? The idea would be to combine the best material from the Tube Challengers' Counting game and the QI Forums' similar "New Number Fact Game", with which I'm also involved. The Counting game runs to 2898, and the NNFG has just reached an astonishing 9300 (I'm hoping it gets to 10,000 early in the new year).

Here's a sample of what the site might look like (using material from QI, for which I have received permission):

https://number-fact-test.blogspot.com/2 ... -9100.html

Under UK copyright law I would need the permission of any contributors (other than myself) who I quote from this site, who would naturally all be credited appropriately. I'd very much like to include material from this site if possible, so if you're interested, please say so, either in this thread or by dropping me a PM. Thanks!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Counting game website

Post by GuyBarry »

GuyBarry wrote: 29 Jun 2023, 14:42 The idea would be to combine the best material from the Tube Challengers' Counting game and the QI Forums' similar "New Number Fact Game", with which I'm also involved. The Counting game runs to 2898, and the NNFG has just reached an astonishing 9300 (I'm hoping it gets to 10,000 early in the new year).
Sadly no one from this site came forward, but I'm pleased to say that the QI game reached 10,000 last week, which means that I can now present the "Quite Incredible Number List"! (I wanted to call it the QI Forums Number List, but their lawyers wouldn't let me use the name.) Maybe one or two Tube Challengers will be interested?

http://www.numberlist.co.uk/index.html
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games