Random 15 Championship 2022/23: Round 5

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Random 15 Championship 2022/23: Round 5

Post by tangy »

Capelblue wrote: 04 May 2023, 19:54 Is it remaining on the 3rd ? If it does move I would prefer the Zone 1 to move with it as I can get a hotel overnight between the two
This is why I schedule these two events together, so that people coming from further afield can book overnight accommodation to attend both the zone 1 and Random 15. Moving Random 15 to the next weekend means challengers will not be able to do this and would need two lots of rail fares to attend both events a week apart although it would make it easier for people to get to/from.

However, zone 1 day has always been fixed so that is falls within the Whitsun half term week so that our younger members (of high school or college age) can attend without being absent from their studies. Thus moving zone 1 day will cause its own problems as it has been advertised widely for this date and I have pretty much settled the function room booking with the pub.

I can see both sides of the coin but no firm decision to move the date has been made. Let's hope Mick Lynch comes to his senses!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Re: Random 15 Championship 2022/23: Round 5

Post by hopeful traveller »

I’d rather he called off the strikes for this Saturday first! It seems the unions deliberately want to target Eurovision, which is hugely disappointing given we are hosting this on behalf of Ukraine.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition