Elizabeth Line Challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Elizabeth Line Challenge

Post by RJSRdg »

I'm going to put in a claim to be the first person to set a time to visit all the stations on the Elizabeth Line (excepting Bond Street of course).

I didn't get off to the best of starts as the 11:57 from Reading was effectively cancelled. Consequently I started on the 12:27, but the first part of the attempt was affected by signalling issues on the approach to Paddington.

Change at Hayes for T4, found I had a 16 minute wait for the return service to 2/3 owing to the signalling issues, so I attempted to rush over to the Tube platform. I'd never done this run in that direction before, and not at that time of day either, so got stuck in a big queue for the first set of lifts. On the second set of lifts, I jumped on one which was open, only for it to go up two floors instead of down one! Consequently I found myself with an 8 minute wait at the Tube platform so I doubt I really gained anything by doing this. Tube again to T5 then back to 2/3 on a HEx using "same rails" rules, and back to Hayes thence Paddington on a Lizzie. Already two hours down at this point.

I won't go into any further details about the route (although it should be obvious enough, and I have posted the photos I took on my Facebook page if Tangy wants to check them - although I missed photos for Burnham, Stratford and Gidea Park, but I did visit them - honest!).

Final time 04:03:37 but had it not been for a missed final connection I could have been below 4 hours even with the issues in the Hayes/Heathrow/Paddington area.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
ITFCShirts
Zone 1

Re: Elizabeth Line Challenge

Post by ITFCShirts »

Great opener.
Finally back in London (moved to Canada) and got my first taste of the Lizzie line, and made me reminisce back to my signal problems (central line) that put pay to my own FNC attempt (ahead of record until Woodford…)
Anyway, came back on here to find out whether Lizzie Line counts towards FNC and the lack of similar question made me presume the answer was no?
If so, could someone explain?
EastActionWoman
Zone 4

Post by EastActionWoman »

ITFCShirts wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 22:04 Great opener.
Finally back in London (moved to Canada) and got my first taste of the Lizzie line, and made me reminisce back to my signal problems (central line) that put pay to my own FNC attempt (ahead of record until Woodford…)
Anyway, came back on here to find out whether Lizzie Line counts towards FNC and the lack of similar question made me presume the answer was no?
If so, could someone explain?
The Lizzie line is considered to be part of the National Rail network and not a tube line, so doesn't count for the FNC.
Not a plus one :wink:
Roads, Streets and Lanes (2020-08-28) 3:46:16
Prague metro (2020-02-18) 2:27:56
All the Actons (2021-11-20) 0:42:34
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

As someone found out to their cost on the R15 a week ago...
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

I appreciate this isn't a formal challenge (yet?!), but I would be interested to know whether people (especially tangy) would be happy with attempts that just visit the Elizabeth line through platforms at Paddington and Liverpool Street (excluding the morning/evening National Rail station platforms). Thanks.
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
EastActionWoman
Zone 4

Post by EastActionWoman »

DavidC wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 09:35 I appreciate this isn't a formal challenge (yet?!), but I would be interested to know whether people (especially tangy) would be happy with attempts that just visit the Elizabeth line through platforms at Paddington and Liverpool Street (excluding the morning/evening National Rail station platforms). Thanks.
Shhhh, you'll start the gateline argument again :roll:
Not a plus one :wink:
Roads, Streets and Lanes (2020-08-28) 3:46:16
Prague metro (2020-02-18) 2:27:56
All the Actons (2021-11-20) 0:42:34
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

DavidC wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 09:35 I appreciate this isn't a formal challenge (yet?!), but I would be interested to know whether people (especially tangy) would be happy with attempts that just visit the Elizabeth line through platforms at Paddington and Liverpool Street (excluding the morning/evening National Rail station platforms). Thanks.
Yes, good point. When I set a time (and the record has of course now re-set owing to the opening of Bond Street), I had to visit both stations at Paddington (as there was no through running), but come to think of it, I did only visit one Liverpool Street station.