Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Post by tubeguru »

As it's getting near that time of year again, and as Soup Dragon started talking about it in last year's thread, it's time to start the 2022 edition!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Post by Going Underground »

Ukraine at 11/8 to win must be the biggest certainty in history
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Going Underground wrote: 17 Mar 2022, 23:27 Ukraine at 11/8 to win must be the biggest certainty in history
And they say politics doesn't affect the voting ... :)

Member of sweet FA
EastActionWoman
Zone 4

Post by EastActionWoman »

And just a smidgin of politics when choosing their entry (from Wikipedia):
On February 12, 2022, Kalush Orchestra competed for the right to represent Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 with the song "Stefania". In the final ... they took second place with 14 points ... Alina Pash had been chosen as the winner. Despite coming in second place, the band were offered the chance to represent Ukraine after the withdrawal of Pash due to controversy regarding her travel history in Crimea.
Not a plus one :wink:
Roads, Streets and Lanes (2020-08-28) 3:46:16
Prague metro (2020-02-18) 2:27:56
All the Actons (2021-11-20) 0:42:34
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Now all 40 songs have been announced, I'm having a blind listen to a shuffled YouTube playlist.

I'll watch the official videos later, and decide what my faves are. There are a couple of stand-outs so far.

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

So, in the order I watched the videos ...

Azerbaijan - generally boring, but I like the chorus melody, and it builds nicely. A jury song if ever I heard one
Armenia - tedious singer-songwriter stuff that will probably get lost among better songs in her semi-final
Sweden - sounds like a Katie Melua wannabe with a rasping voice in places, but at least the song builds
Spain - predictable, with the same beat that a million Eurovision songs have utilised over the years (I call it "THAT beat")
Portugal - different, and I kind of like it. Better than last year's effort. And singing some of it in English too
Austria - another song that could have come from any Eurovision of the last 15 years. Catchy though
Greece - didn't grab me. But at least there won't be a green screen disaster this year, I'll bet ...
Cyprus - typical of a Cyprus entry (with THAT beat again). Probably won't get through the semis
UK - our song isn't actually THAT bad this year. And let's be honest - we can't do worse than double zero. Top ten, though? Wishful thinking
Belgium - clearly looking to do as badly as last year, if not worse, with a tedious song (except that I liked last year's song)
Serbia - a very strange video involving Lady Macbeth singing about Meghan Markle's hair, or something. Weirdest song so far, so naturally I like it
Italy - clearly they don't want to host two years in a row. I'm convinced that's why The Netherlands chose last year's dreadful song too
Ukraine - as a song, this should not win, but it remains to be seen how much sympathy the voting public have for Ukraine in two months' time
Netherlands - like Italy, the Dutch clearly also don't have enough money to want to host it so soon after 2021 ...
Norway - if this song had different lyrics, it would be just another typical Eurovision song. But the words make it interesting
Poland - not sure about this one. It could do better than a first listen suggests, even though it is mainly boring
Montenegro - this will qualify from the semis, certainly. Better than a lot of other mid-to-slow-tempo songs
Albania - there's THAT beat again, and a typical entry from the Balkans. Very pedestrian, to be honest
Australia - the trend of sending weird entries continues, but only because he's wearing a dress, and a chandelier on his face ...
France - did the French and Azerbaijani entries get mixed up or something? This is the least French thing they've sent for years. Might do well
Finland - what dreadful lyrics. I'm not a fan of this song at all
Estonia - now THIS is different, and I love the spaghetti western vibe. I want it to do well, but the staging needs to work for it
Romania - you've heard this song a million times at Eurovision. They'll need more than a catchy instrumental hook to do well
Czech Republic - another dance track, but this one's kind of groovy, and I like the melody. Probably won't do very well now
San Marino - mate - the Maneskin look was LAST year, and as for the Gary Glitter song ... the worst I've heard so far
Malta - another dull "Be who you are" song, with a predictable structure
Ireland - it doesn't take much to beat last year's dire effort, but this is just a bog-standard dance track that doesn't stand out
Germany - lyrics - dull; vocals - stop singing in that stupid voice; charisma - not much. Will this beat last year's MUCH BETETR song? Probably
Latvia - NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT - my favourite song by far this year, and not just because of the filthy (and censored) lyrics
Croatia - the melody of the chorus of this song has been lifted from somewhere. It won't be enough to save it from sinking without trace
Iceland - the Icelandic First Aid Kit? More Wild West vibes, and I like it. Will it do well? Not so sure, but I hope so
Lithuania - not sure what to make of this. Very weird, but not very catchy with it. Actually, it's rubbish
North Macedonia - another angsty song in the modern Eurovision style. It sounds like bits of several other recent songs, and it's cliche as f***
Switzerland - there's that awful voice again. Another Katie Melua-inspired dirge. It's no Tout L'univers
Denmark - had to be better than last year. It wasn't ... until it suddenly went all upbeat. It's still a terrible song, but may sneak through the semis
Georgia - the complete opposite to last year. Very much a public vote song - the juries will hate this
Moldova - annoying, but catchy and fun. Should do moderately well, but won't win
Slovenia - smooth, jazz disco. I like it, but will the public? The singer needs more charisma, but the bass player can groove
Bulgaria - this year's "proper" rock band, with all the cliches in place. Not my thing
Israel - more dance music but this one is annoying, mostly because of the singer's vocals

So, my favourite from the first listen is Latvia. The worst song is clearly San Marino.

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK, so ... my previous post was based on watching the video for each of the 2022 songs literally ONCE. Since then, I've watched and listened to each song lots more times, and I now have a much better idea of which ones I like, and which ones I will forget as soon as this year's final is over.

This will be a long post, by the way.

Azerbaijan. I said, "Generally boring, but I like the chorus melody, and it builds nicely. A jury song if ever I heard one."

Another one which has grown on me. The chorus is powerful, and is the thing that will carry it along, as well as the singer's raspy voice. Surprisingly, the bookies don't think it will qualify from the semis. I think they're wrong that this point. I mean, you're telling me that Cyprus is better than this?!

Armenia. I said, "Tedious singer-songwriter stuff that will probably get lost among better songs in her semi-final."

The above still stands. The song just doesn't do anything for me. The bookies like it though, so what do I know?

Sweden. I said, "Sounds like a Katie Melua wannabe with a rasping voice in places, but at least the song builds."

This has become my favourite Swedish entry in a few years. A million times better than that dreadful "Million voices" crap from last year. This song is really good, with a memorable chorus. I can see it soaring to victory in the final with a huge public vote. Fun fact - if any of you have heard of the Swedish musician Martin Molin, who is famous for making a marble machine (and most of another one) that plays music (loads of views on YouTube), his bandmate in Wintergatan (David Zanden) co-wrote this song.

Spain. I said, "Predictable, with the same beat that a million Eurovision songs have utilised over the years (I call it "THAT beat")."

Still no. Right hand side of the final table without a doubt. And she says "Loco" about as much as you'd expect a Spanish singer to, for good measure. I hate this kind of music, and we always get at least two of these nothing songs every year. They're lucky they don't have to qualify, and they don't deserve to.

Portugal. I said, "Different, and I kind of like it. Better than last year's effort. And singing some of it in English too."

This has become my absolute favourite song of this year for many reasons. One of them is that it is in 6/4 time, which pleases me greatly (I had a discussion with somebody who claims it's in 6/8, but I'm not having it). I really want this to win, but of course it won't. I never back the winner at Eurovision, mostly because my musical tastes aren't in line with mainstream views. But come on - top three, surely. The juries will love it.

Austria. I said, "Another song that could have come from any Eurovision of the last 15 years. Catchy though."

Yeah, it's upbeat and catchy, but it doesn't really have anything to elevate it above many other songs in their semi-final. I mean, they're in with Latvia, Ukraine, Netherlands, Moldova, Portugal, Denmark, Greece, Norway, and even Bulgaria. That's a tough group of songs to beat to get to the final. I can see them not making it.

Greece. I said, "Didn't grab me. But at least there won't be a green screen disaster this year, I'll bet ..."

But ... it DOES grab me after a few more listens. I've come to love this song, not least because I can't work out if the woman singing the song is supposed to be some kind of psychopathic lover who wants to invoke a death pact with her boyfriend. It's certainly different enough to do well if the public get behind it. Actually, I love it now. The singer is also not putting on one of those terrible modern pop accents that lots of young women singers are doing now (Netherlands and Sweden - I'm looking at you).

Cyprus. I said, "Typical of a Cyprus entry (with THAT beat again). Probably won't get through the semis."

They'll turn up, do their Covid tests, perform their song, and go straight home again. I hope. This song has nothing that will allow it to progress to the final in my opinion. And that bloody beat ...

UK. I said, "Our song isn't actually THAT bad this year. And let's be honest - we can't do worse than double zero. Top ten, though? Wishful thinking."

It's true - we're not the worst song this year! I don't think we'll win, and the bookies are very generous towards us. It's still not my favourite song by a long way though. Very formulaic in places, but it rises and falls nicely. Surely a solid top ten finish beckons for once.

Belgium. I said, "Clearly looking to do as badly as last year, if not worse, with a tedious song (except that I liked last year's song)."

This song hasn't grown on me at all, but it will probably get to the final. Where I hope it will disappear without trace.

Serbia. I said, "A very strange video involving Lady Macbeth singing about Meghan Markle's hair, or something. Weirdest song so far, so naturally I like it."

This song is probably one of my top favourites this year. I can't stop watching the live performance where it won the national final. A very well-written song about a deep and serious subject matter (Meghan Markle only gets a passing mention in the end). I only hope the public are watching with subtitles on for this one, otherwise they will be very confused on the Saturday night (because of course it's going to qualify, right?). The juries may like this a lot, but the public will clearly decide its fate. I want it to win (but it won't).

Italy. I said, "Clearly they don't want to host two years in a row. I'm convinced that's why The Netherlands chose last year's dreadful song too."

OK, this one has grown on me a lot, to be honest. I love the harmonies in the chorus, and it will be popular with juries. I must be the only person who absolutely HATES Italy's winning song from last year, but I won't mind at all if they win again this year. A few more listens makes you realise that Italy are going all-out for a high finish again this time. The bookies have it second-favourite, so maybe this is the song to defeat Ukraine ...

Ukraine. I said, "As a song, this should not win, but it remains to be seen how much sympathy the voting public have for Ukraine in two months' time."

Talking of Ukraine, I'm still not keen on this song. The rapping annoys me, and the flute-like instrument is a little too like Shum's flute-like instrument sound last year. But apparently this is the overwhelming favourite to win. I think the public will vote it higher than the juries. I'm just a bit "meh" at the whole "let's vote for Ukraine because they're being invaded by Russia" thing, which is clearly a huge underlying factor, regardless of how you try to spin it. I will be disappointed if it wins.

Netherlands. I said, "Like Italy, the Dutch clearly also don't have enough money to want to host it so soon after 2021 ..."

This one has grown on me, and the bookies have it 9th favourite to win overall. A brave decision to sing it in Dutch, but it has enough to get through to the final, I think. I suspect the staging will be minimal, which may harm it in the end. Maybe they DO want to win again ...

Norway. I said, "If this song had different lyrics, it would be just another typical Eurovision song. But the words make it interesting."

I don't get the hype surrounding this song. I mean, it's different and catchy, but ... I dunno. Other "novelty" songs at Eurovision have entertained me more than this one. Of course it will get to the final, and do reasonably well. But it all depends on what the juries think of it. I do like the lyrics though, so it's not a total dislike from me.

Poland. I said, "Not sure about this one. It could do better than a first listen suggests, even though it is mainly boring."

Now for some reason a lot of people like this, and the bookies have it the favourite to win its semi. It did need a few more listens for me to see why it may do well. It's not as boring as I first thought. It's certainly miles better than their rather lacklustre effort last year, as the singer can actually sing the song this time ...

Montenegro. I said, "This will qualify from the semis, certainly. Better than a lot of other mid-to-slow-tempo songs."

The bookies don't think this will advance to the final, and it may well not. But it's a nice song. There are songs that don't deserve to do better than this, but which sadly will.

Albania. I said, "There's THAT beat again, and a typical entry from the Balkans. Very pedestrian, to be honest."

The music video for this is very big-budget, but you don't win Eurovision with a music video, and the song still doesn't grab me. I do like the melody of the chorus, though. Other than that, it's nothing special, and might fall in the semis.

Australia. I said, "The trend of sending weird entries continues, but only because he's wearing a dress, and a chandelier on his face ..."

OK, so my first impression above was based on the video alone. The song itself is in the same mould as "personal story" entries like Tix last year. And it's actually quite good. This will go down well with the juries, I feel. The song felt like it was building to a huge "Rise Like a Phoenix" moment towards the end, but it dropped away, and lost something in that moment I felt. Doesn't matter - it will do well.

France. I said, "Did the French and Azerbaijani entries get mixed up or something? This is the least French thing they've sent for years. Might do well."

From the most French song ever to the least French song ever. It's just as well this doesn't have to qualify for the final, as the public may not go for it. But I quite like it, and hope it does well. If you were listening to this without knowing who it was, you would NOT say it was France, which is what makes it interesting for me.

Finland. I said, "What dreadful lyrics. I'm not a fan of this song at all."

I hate everything about this, from the look, the awful lyrics, and the music, which sounds like something an upbeat Roxette might have knocked out in 1990. Of course it will qualify. *sigh*

Estonia. I said, "Now THIS is different, and I love the spaghetti western vibe. I want it to do well, but the staging needs to work for it."

Definitely in my top several songs for this year. At the national finals he had two cowboys on either of the stage doing some weird gunfighting stuff. They need to change that for Eurovision. I still worry that the staging may affect its ability to really fly. He had a guitar, and the only movement was when he ran across the stage to another mic towards the end of the song. Anyway, I hope it finished near the top.

Romania. I said, "You've heard this song a million times at Eurovision. They'll need more than a catchy instrumental hook to do well."

This one is definitely going to struggle to qualify from the semis. And I don't think many people will care, given how forgettable it is. They're relying on that instrumental hook after the chorus to get people singing along.

Czech Republic. I said, "Another dance track, but this one's kind of groovy, and I like the melody. Probably won't do very well now."

This might do better than I thought it might at first listen. Of all the dance tracks this year, this one kind of stands out for me. It's no winner, but I like the bridge section. It will have to go some to stand out from the more unique songs this year.

San Marino. I said, "Mate - the Maneskin look was LAST year, and as for the Gary Glitter song ... the worst I've heard so far."

No. Just ... no. This had better not qualify at the expense of a more deserving and better song. This is down there with Israel. As I was typing this, I literally heard him sing, "Personal Jesus". Bring back Flo Rida ...

Malta. I said, "Another dull "Be who you are" song, with a predictable structure."

Malta's recent songs have been too ... earnest and worthy in my opinion. This is more or less last year's message, but in a different form. See Israel and Australia for the same sort of thing in 2022. It's becoming a popular way to go on Eurovision these days. Only Australia have done it the right way this year, in my opinion. This is just boring.

Ireland. I said, "It doesn't take much to beat last year's dire effort, but this is just a bog-standard dance track that doesn't stand out."

Just about every melody in this song sounds like it's been stolen from another song. It's not very original or interesting for me. I can't see this qualifying, and I don't think it deserves to.

Germany. I said, "Lyrics - dull; vocals - stop singing in that stupid voice; charisma - not much. Will this beat last year's MUCH BETTER song? Probably."

Yeah, not much has changed. Still awful. Why do young singers these days have to pronounce words like "Stars" and "Hard" as "Stys" and "Hide"? I actually want this to do worse than last year now. I DO feel hate, and I don't feel sorry ...

Latvia. I said, "NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT - my favourite song by far this year, and not just because of the filthy (and censored) lyrics."

I still love this song, but I can see how it may not do well overall, and may not even qualify. It's not my favourite song any more by a long way, but it's still in my top ten. It's a well-written song despite everything else, and don't forget to eat your salad.

Croatia. I said, "The melody of the chorus of this song has been lifted from somewhere. It won't be enough to save it from sinking without trace."

Another one of those songs that doesn't deserve to qualify, and probably won't. The bookies have this placing ahead of Latvia and Denmark in the semi-final. Come on - it's not THAT good.

Iceland. I said, "The Icelandic First Aid Kit? More Wild West vibes, and I like it. Will it do well? Not so sure, but I hope so."

I still like it, but it's been overtaken by several other songs in my affections. So now it just occupies that "Best of the rest" section of my mind. It might not even make it to the final. I mean, it needs something to give it some oomph.

Lithuania. I said, "Not sure what to make of this. Very weird, but not very catchy with it. Actually, it's rubbish."

This song sounds like something ABBA would have written in 1979 in a moment of weird inspiration. It's still weird enough to kind of interest me, but it's not a winner. It's tipped to get to the final though. To be fair, it does have a kind of nice slow groove to it. Not quite as rubbish as I first thought.

North Macedonia. I said, "Another angsty song in the modern Eurovision style. It sounds like bits of several other recent songs, and it's cliche as f***."

Maybe I was too hard on this on the first listen, but it is very cliche. It's one of those weird songs where I like the verses more than the chorus, and it ends rather suddenly. It's not fancied to qualify for the final, which wouldn't be a huge loss.

Switzerland. I said, "There's that awful voice again. Another Katie Melua-inspired dirge. It's no Tout L'univers."

Yeah, it's not grown on me much, to be honest. The Katie Melua comment still stands too. It'll probably get to the final though, and the juries might go for it to some extent too.

Denmark. I said, "Had to be better than last year. It wasn't ... until it suddenly went all upbeat. It's still a terrible song, but may sneak through the semis."

This song takes too long to get to the fast part - one minute and fifteen seconds, which is over a third of the song. This makes the rest of it seem rushed. It's also quite cheesy, with the obligatory key change. Yeah, it's generally still terrible, but very Eurovision. Not qualifying.

Georgia. I said, "The complete opposite to last year. Very much a public vote song - the juries will hate this."

I don't know what to make of this song after a couple more listens. It's certainly interesting, and I think it's better than Norway (wolves and bananas). Maybe people won't get it, and consign it to an early death in the semis. There are worse songs - this one has a good chorus. In fact, as I listen to it more, I think it may grow on me.

Moldova. I said, "Annoying, but catchy and fun. Should do moderately well, but won't win."

About as Moldovan a song as they could have sent, and it's certainly catchy. My opinion on this is still the same - it'll do alright on the night, but it's no winner. I don't suppose they care for a moment.

Slovenia. I said, "Smooth, jazz disco. I like it, but will the public? The singer needs more charisma, but the bass player can groove."

I really like this song, but the singer REALLY needs to elevate his game to make this work on the Eurovision stage. Most people have written this off as a failure to qualify, and I sadly have to agree as it stands. The song is a masterpiece of writing though - they're all between 17 and 19 years old, and they can come up with stuff like this. The bass player is awesome - plays the sax too.

Bulgaria. I said, "This year's "proper" rock band, with all the cliches in place. Not my thing."

Take various bits from '80s rock songs and assemble them into a song. Still not my thing. Go away. The bookies have this finishing bottom of their semi-final. They finally got something right.

Israel. I said, "More dance music but this one is annoying, mostly because of the singer's vocals."

This song sounds like they listened to Malta last year, and decided to do some kind of "Look at me, I'm who I am blah blah" rubbish as a tribute. One of the worst songs this year, and it deserves to die a horrible death in semis.

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

So my favourite songs this year (roughly in order):

Portugal/Serbia
Greece
Estonia
Sweden
Latvia
Slovenia
Italy
Netherlands

A few of those have a chance of the big win, I think.

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm still waiting to see what Soup Dragon thinks of this year's Eurovision entries and betting odds ...

Member of sweet FA
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

The bookies’ favourite is Ukraine… really!? I mean, it wasn’t doing great in the odds until Vlad the Terrible showed up and the song is a bit naff…

I have therefore put five quid on Italy.

Predictions for the semi finals:

SF1: Albania, Switzerland, Ukraine, The Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Iceland, Greece, Norway, Armenia.

Could easily throw in Portugal and Moldova there. Croatia an outside bet. Ukraine, Austria, Greece, Norway, and Armenia are dead certs I would have thought. Latvia (whose opening lyric is “instead of meat, I eat veggies and pussy”), Lithuania, Slovenia, Bulgaria no chance.

SF2: Finland, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Malta, Australia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania, Sweden, Czech Republic.

Genuinely surprised Sweden won the OGAE poll, think it is just yet another Swedish power ballad that is nothing special. Serbia and Estonia could easily make it, although it’s hard to say who that’s instead of. North Macedonia, Poland, and Montenegro all outside bets. Much as I love Israel’s supergay performance that’s got no chance. Nor does Georgia or San Marino.

I don’t think my ratings have ever been so out of touch with the usual fan polls: United Kingdom is doing really well, apparently 3rd favourite in the usual metrics, and the rehearsal clip trended at #1 on Twitter (and is already our highest-charting entry for MANY years) but I don’t like it - it is still a tad Radio 2 rather than Radio 1 to be successful. Top 5 would be a serious result; I’d settle for top half.

In fact, most of the big 5 have really brought their A game this year (not unlike 2011, they have all remembered you can actually win this thing as a big 5 country) and in fact Germany is the only one letting the side down. Spain and France are also contenders, apparently.

If I had to pick a top 10 for the final, in no particular order: Italy, Ukraine, France, Spain, Romania, Sweden, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Norway, Greece.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Ukraine now 4/7 the shortest price and biggest certainty in history, glad I got my £100 on at 11/8
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I haven't listened to the songs as much this year as in the past few years, overall I think it's quite a poor year.
I genuinely like the UK entry but would agree with Neil that the bookies seem far more confident in our entry than I am.
Based on the low standard this year we deserve to be top 5, but to be honest I will be happy with top 10 or anything on the left side of the scoreboard after the last few years. I don't have a personal favourite this year, and I think it's hard to pick the overall winner. Of course you can expect Ukraine to do well with the Televote, but will the juries also rank the song high. I think that UK might do well with the jury vote, perhaps top 5, but I think the top spot from the jury vote will go to Sweden. Good luck with your £100 bet Kevin, but I think Sweden might justget enough Televote points to pip Ukraine to 2nd place overall. I will make a full predicition on the final once I've seen both Semi Finals.

So for the first Semi Final tonight the qualifiers are:
1. Ukraine
2. Greece
3. Netherlands
4. Norway
5. Portugal
6. Iceland
7. Armenia
8. Albania
9. Moldova
10. Bulgaria

Non-qualifiers
11. Austria
12. Lithuania
13. Switzerland
14. Denmark
15. Latvia
16. Slovenia
17. Croatia
One day I shall return!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Going Underground wrote: 09 May 2022, 23:19 Ukraine now 4/7 the shortest price and biggest certainty in history, glad I got my £100 on at 11/8
It's total BS. Only juries can stop them, as they'll win the televote by miles.

Member of sweet FA
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I've not seen all of the first semi final yet (only the first 12), but I like:

Moldova
Netherlands
Denmark - vibes of The Bangles

and Ukraine seem to be winning the weird headgear contest with the pink tea cosy.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

hopeful traveller wrote: 09 May 2022, 19:53 Predictions for the semi finals:

SF1: Albania, Switzerland, Ukraine, The Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Iceland, Greece, Norway, Armenia.
So 7/10 for me, with ALB, DEN, and AUT wrong in place of LTU, POR (really?!), and MDA.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition