DLR Challenge - Summer 2021

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: DLR Challenge - Summer 2021

Post by tangy »

Unfortunately, this is not a valid attempt.

The challenger stopped the timer upon doors closure at Bank rather than keeping it going until he arrived back at Shadwell which negates rule 7 of the DLR Challenge.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

tangy wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 19:35 Unfortunately, this is not a valid attempt. The challenger stopped the timer upon doors closure at Bank rather than keeping it going until he arrived back at Shadwell which negates rule 7 of the DLR Challenge.
Thanks for reviewing this tangy.

Commiserations to the challenger - best wishes with your future attempts: you're obviously an impressive contender.

It's unfortunate in terms of encouraging a wider audience to participate in such challenges that Geoff disagrees with rule 7 and that, furthermore, this anomaly is only covered in the depths of the comments on his DLR video.

DavidC
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

screw geoff and his interpretation of the rules of the dlr challenge. its the same as the gwr for the full challenge.
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Lunaticonthegrass
Zone 4

Post by Lunaticonthegrass »

I have just re-watched Mr. Marshall's video of his own DLR attempt, and not only does he stop his stopwatch as the final train leaves Bank, he doesn't make any mention of what the 'official' rules say and how they are different. He has added a comment to the video explaining all this, but I still feel it's very easy for people new to this sport to be misled. (I mean, who going to look at comments on YouTube?) Rather naughty of him!

So, once again, commiserations to our new challenger, but I hope this hasn't deterred you and you're keen to go out there again.
Full Network (270 stations) - 18:22:43
Parks - 7:57:23
Alphabet - 5:30:40
Roads, Streets and Lanes - 3:51:51
Zone 1 - 3:03:50 (Former record)
Bottle - 1:57:43
1 pint in 18 seconds