Nice-looking station! Where is it?

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
RobbieM
All Zones

Re: Station Romeo

Post by RobbieM »

tubeguru wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 15:30Done and done.
Well done and well done! 😀
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Romeo - Hint

Post by RobbieM »

I'm gonna move this one forward a bit faster than the last. So here's the hint:

Have a look at the post where I set Station Romeo, and the first few sentences may give a clue. It could just as easily have been Station Juliet…
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Station Romeo - Hint

Post by tubeguru »

RobbieM wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 21:25 I'm gonna move this one forward a bit faster than the last. So here's the hint:

Have a look at the post where I set Station Romeo, and the first few sentences may give a clue. It could just as easily have been Station Juliet…
Yeah, I don't think many people will be annoyed if you start reeling these in a bit. They've been dragging on a bit recently :lol:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
RobbieM
All Zones

Re: Station Romeo - Hint

Post by RobbieM »

tubeguru wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:59
RobbieM wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 21:25 I'm gonna move this one forward a bit faster than the last. So here's the hint:

Yeah, I don't think many people will be annoyed if you start reeling these in a bit. They've been dragging on a bit recently :lol:
I’ve been on strike! :lol:

Will aim to answer it next week. Last few days for entries.
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Romeo - Answered

Post by RobbieM »

Okay folks, here’re your answers. The hint hopefully pointed you to the great British bard, Mr. William Shakespeare. And which town do we associate Will with? Why, it’s his birthplace, of course! Yes, Station Romeo is Stratford-upon-Avon.

And the bonus – rearranging the first five letters of the station to give you a food you may enjoy eating? Yes, they are Tarts! Unless, like TubeGuru, you prefer to eat ‘Ratts’… :roll:

Well done to tubeguru, RJSRdg and trains500 for correct answers here.

Let’s go for a ride in a Sierra – very shortly…
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Sierra

Post by RobbieM »

This one could be hard or easy, depending on how well you know your historical station architecture. It’s Station Sierra. Lovely, isn’t it?

• Name Station Sierra.
Bonus: The name of another station can be made by changing one letter of Station Sierra. Which station is this?

Y’know, that bonus could almost be a hint in itself. (In fact, many of my bonus questions can, it seems.)

PM me in the usual way! :)
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Sierra - Hint

Post by RobbieM »

So, it’s station Sierra, named after a well-known car. But who manufactured the Sierra? You’ll find the company’s name within the name of the station…
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Sierra - closing soon

Post by RobbieM »

Title says it all. :)
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Sierra - answered

Post by RobbieM »

Well, time’s up, the Sierra has come to a stop. From the hint the station name contains the manufacturer of the Sierra – which was Ford. And well done to everyone who worked out that Station Sierra was Stafford.

The bonus? Just change the fourth letter to an ‘m’, and you end up with Stamford.

Well done to tubeguru, trains500 and michael_churchill for correct answers this time.

Let’s get ready to dance whilst imbibing a fizzy drink – yes, Station Tango is coming soon… (though not quite sure how soon yet… :roll: )
RobbieM
All Zones

Station Tango

Post by RobbieM »

Okay folks, grab your partners; we’re gonna dance the Station Tango. “One - [ ___ ]-and-three - four…”

• Name Station Tango.
• Bonus: There are a number of other stations on the network with the same first and last letters as station Tango. Find me three others (more if you wish).

PMs as usual! 😊
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Re: Station Tango

Post by michael_churchill »

RobbieM wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 17:41 Okay folks, grab your partners; we’re gonna dance the Station Tango. “One - [ ___ ]-and-three - four…”

• Name Station Tango.
• Bonus: There are a number of other stations on the network with the same first and last letters as station Tango. Find me three others (more if you wish).

PMs as usual! 😊
Not much to go on this time... except that the name board seems extremely short!
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

michael_churchill wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 08:59 Not much to go on this time... except that the name board seems extremely short!
Hopefully enough to go on - first correct submission has been received!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

RobbieM wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 21:11
michael_churchill wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 08:59 Not much to go on this time... except that the name board seems extremely short!
Hopefully enough to go on - first correct submission has been received!
This was a real detective-type one, but I got it too.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
trains 500
Zone 4

Post by trains 500 »

michael_churchill wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 08:59
Not much to go on this time... except that the name board seems extremely short!
[/quote]

I can’t help but disagree with this the unit type narrows it down and the fact it’s electric narrows it down even further.
Lner station assist (dispatcher)

YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x7lo4OqFpy
Quizzes for Tube Nerds
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Nice-looking station! Where is it?

Post by RJSRdg »

I'm confused by the unit - it looks like a Desiro, but if it was there would be headlamps where the bicycle symbol is.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!