Heathrow T4

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
nick468
Zone 1

Heathrow T4

Post by nick468 »

Hi there,

Does anyone have any best estimates as to when Heathrow Terminal 4 and the tube station will be back open and operational?

Fancy trying another FNC sometime next year - but obviously a Heathrow T4 is fundamental.

Nick
ANDY_JS
Zone 2

Re: Heathrow T4

Post by ANDY_JS »

I don't think anyone has any idea when it might re-open. But it'll probably be closely related to when the lockdown is at least 95% over.
stepneygreen05
Zone 2

Post by stepneygreen05 »

You've got to wait for a vaccine for t4 to open, don't think it'll open before that.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

stepneygreen05 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 11:54 You've got to wait for a vaccine for t4 to open, don't think it'll open before that.
whats the virus got to do with the station being closed its ridiciulous the passengers numbers at that station alone were not crowded!.
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

The terminal itself is closed due to much reduced numbers of people flying anywhere.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Yeah as al said, Heathrow are currently only operating passenger flights out of T2 & T5 at the moment (I think they are also only using one runway) because passenger travel has dropped so much. The only way that's going to increase is when people regain confidence in travelling and rollout of the vaccine is the way to do that. As soon as passenger demand returns, they will reopen T3 and more importantly T4. Given that demand is not likely to reach sufficient levels until well into the spring and summer on the basis of the current vaccine rollout, that's probably the earliest they will reopen T4.
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

And the ridiculous government policies of blocking a country if they have only 20 cases per 100'000 people what a joke!
tube olympic winner once
stepneygreen05
Zone 2

Post by stepneygreen05 »

Golf wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 12:49 And the ridiculous government policies of blocking a country if they have only 20 cases per 100'000 people what a joke!
Especially considering the number of cases we have here. INcompetence at every level.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

If I was in government it be there is a disease it doesnt kill as much as flu there is no need to social distance as playing hide and seek with a virus is stupid only way u beat a virus is transmission until it cant effect you because u have built up immunity. Vaccine will help but also u normal life where u breathe in natural oxygen and then let your lungs without a mask take that in.

Yes some will die but that normal until death rate has gone but normal flu and no that hasn't then this being extradegated by media and other means to keep u subugated in fear.
tube olympic winner once
EastActionWoman
Zone 4

Post by EastActionWoman »

Golf wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 23:10 If I was in government it be there is a disease it doesnt kill as much as flu there is no need to social distance as playing hide and seek with a virus is stupid only way u beat a virus is transmission until it cant effect you because u have built up immunity. Vaccine will help but also u normal life where u breathe in natural oxygen and then let your lungs without a mask take that in.

Yes some will die but that normal until death rate has gone but normal flu and no that hasn't then this being extradegated by media and other means to keep u subugated in fear.
I think this forum is very good at sticking to topics of our shared interests - trains, tube running and all manner of related subjects. I haven't seen much discussion of politics and I know we have a range of opinions on Brexit and Covid from what I see on people's Facebook posts. I was going to ignore your post, but it is so riddled with inaccuracies that I'm going to have to reply.

I'll take your first point and leave the rest: "a disease which doesn't kill as much as flu". This is the report from the Office on National Statistics on UK deaths in the first 8 months of the year, comparing flu, pneumonia and Covid19 deaths: ONS report

If you don't want to read it all, here is the statistician's summary
“More than three times as many deaths were recorded between January and August this year where COVID-19 was the underlying cause compared to influenza and pneumonia."

“The mortality rate for COVID-19 is also significantly higher than influenza and pneumonia rates for both 2020 and the five-year average."

“Since 1959, which is when ONS monthly death records began, the number of deaths due to influenza and pneumonia in the first eight months of every year have been lower than the number of COVID-19 deaths seen, so far, in 2020.”

Sarah Caul, Head of Mortality Analysis
Until the majority of the population have been vaccinated and we don't have 20,000 new cases/500 deaths a day, I'll continue to wear my mask (through which I can still breathe "natural oxygen"), and stick to TfL guidelines on when to use the Tube.
Not a plus one :wink:
Roads, Streets and Lanes (2020-08-28) 3:46:16
Prague metro (2020-02-18) 2:27:56
All the Actons (2021-11-20) 0:42:34
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Dont believe a word them lying government types say flu is still a bigger killer per year they stats are being marked up by other underlying factors. I'm not saying it's fake and it's not a serious desease but it ranks well on the low death rate scales compared to others.

Doing it for the nhs is a load of bollocks 181 beds free and that is even when they tried to reduce capacity in order to make it look more fuller. So the stats make government rules look good which they ain't if u want your freedom back stop believing in the absolute diretribe the government says.

You dont test healthy people yes people can be positive but they can also have hardly any symptoms in fact I say 75 percent dont have any another 25 percent suffer mild get over it and live their lives. The thing that is being said is your fear of it u have a 98 percent chance of never getting it and for the other 2 percent 98 percent chance surviving.

And if u take the amount of deaths it's no differant than most years when we have other illness deseases we didnt social distance then we didnt wear masks then at the start when supposedly it was r rate of 3 and yes nhs was coping even then.

The media and the government are manipulating you with fear unfortunately too many people are falling it and not wishing up to the many lies. Just recently it was found out 6 patients died from the new vaccine u dont get told that news do you. Only the fear bad and u must take it or we wont let you live your life that's called being subugated by power and fear.

And yes I'm controversial I never say this is fake and it ain't a horrible desease and does kill but so does cancer and u cant get into your surgeries for anything because they have gone overboard with their stupid rules protect the 2 percent whom are vulnerable yes do that concentrate your resources let the rest live our lives.
tube olympic winner once
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Just heard on news T4 closed throughout 2021!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
trains 500
Zone 4

Post by trains 500 »

im not surprised to be fair
Lner station assist (dispatcher)

YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x7lo4OqFpy
Quizzes for Tube Nerds
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

Is there any possibility this might change after the vaccine roll out? If so I'm tempted to still do my FNC attempt in the summer/autumn of 2021 except I won't be able to call it a full FNC. It likely wasn't going to be a full one because I wasn't banking on being able to tick off Kensington (Olympia)
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916
Sheffield Supertram: 3:17:29
London Underground (243 stations): 18:06:49
Vienna U Bahn (FNC): 5:04:47
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Article confirming the closure of T4 until the end of 2021

https://www.cityam.com/heathrow-termina ... d-of-2021/
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)