Edgware to Stanmore/Canon's Park

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
jrparkin
Zone 3

Edgware to Stanmore/Canon's Park

Post by jrparkin »

On Geoff's run which was immortalised on The Tube he takes the 142 from Edgware to Stanmore but in his first Walk The Tube he (and his fellow challengers) went to Canon's Park instead.

Is this simply a case of getting the first bus from Edgware whatever it might be then changing into another bus if necessary to get to Stanmore
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916
Sheffield Supertram: 3:17:29
London Underground (243 stations): 18:06:49
Vienna U Bahn (FNC): 5:04:47
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Edgware to Stanmore/Canon's Park

Post by Going Underground »

A big part of a satisfying full network is research - before Team Brown / Starkey did our first attempt we went out and physically checked the options / timings over a several week period. Buses / running etc... Don't believe that everything you see on The Tube episode is the only possibility.... You gave to research everything and then make actual decision on the day on the given circumstances you may encounter when exiting the network... You cannot always have only one option
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

Since I'm going for completion and not the record, one thing I might not choose to do is taking the Heathrow Express from Terminal 4 to try and catch a Terminal 5 train as I don't want to spark a security alert!
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

jrparkin wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 15:01 Since I'm going for completion and not the record, one thing I might not choose to do is taking the Heathrow Express from Terminal 4 to try and catch a Terminal 5 train as I don't want to spark a security alert!
Remember that T4 at LHR is currently closed and no trains (of any sort) are going there. The terminal and all stations are closed.
- Andrew
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

I'm waiting for Covid 19 to pass before doing the run so that I can do it safely and when all the stations are open. Battersea Park and Nine Elms will probably be open too so my target is 272
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

jrparkin wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 15:01 Since I'm going for completion and not the record, one thing I might not choose to do is taking the Heathrow Express from Terminal 4 to try and catch a Terminal 5 train as I don't want to spark a security alert!
I've tried that one a few times in recce runs - I'm not sure it really gains anything (even if the timings work out well at T4, which they often don't) as it's a long way from the T123 HEx station to the Tube.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!