DLR challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
trains 500
Zone 4

DLR challenge

Post by trains 500 »

has anyone ever run the woolwich foot tunnel whilst on the dlr challenge in order to get a 474 to gallions reach
is this feasable or have i gone mad
Lner station assist (dispatcher)

YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x7lo4OqFpy
Quizzes for Tube Nerds
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: DLR challenge

Post by RJSRdg »

I guess it depends on your running speed/level of fitness and how long you might otherwise have to wait for a returning DLR at Woolwich Arrsenal.

According to Google Maps, it is a 21 minute walk from Woolwich Arsenal (WA) station to North Woolwich Police Station (NWPS) bus stop. (Note that this does not include the time taken to get out of WA station).

On the other hand, Google also gives a time from WA via DLR to NWPS as 7 minutes, every 6 minutes. This is broken down as 4 minutes' DLR journey, and 3 minutes' walk.

I reckon my running speed (when fit) to be about 2/3 the time Google says it takes to walk.

So in this case (ignoring the time taken to exit WA and any other changes in level), it would take me 14 minutes to run through the tunnel, or 6-12 to go by DLR. If your running speed is faster than mine, this may shift the balance in your favour.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
trains 500
Zone 4

Post by trains 500 »

Now that all woolwich arsenal to lewisham southeastern a call at woolwich dockyard (according to RTT)the time with that route seems unbeatable
Lner station assist (dispatcher)

YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x7lo4OqFpy
Quizzes for Tube Nerds
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

trains 500 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 12:28 Now that all woolwich arsenal to lewisham southeastern a call at woolwich dockyard (according to RTT)the time with that route seems unbeatable
That depends on how tight the connections were previously at either end. Provided the service still 'fits' between a DLR train arriving at WA and one leaving Lewisham, it may still be possible.

It would almost certainly be possible for me to beat my Tube Olympic 2012 time on that route - WA NR station caught fire, and I wound up catching the slowest bus imaginable to Lewisham. I'd never been across Blackheath before....
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!