Warm Weather Twist?

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Warm Weather Twist?

Post by RJSRdg »

Yesterday's Challenge was held on the warmest day of the year so far, and whilst it wasn't as hot on the deep lines as I was expecting (probably because it was the first warm day so the heat hadn't had chance to build up), I think quite a few of us felt afterwards we wouldn't have liked it to be any hotter - indeed having seen the forecast, I did wonder whether to take part or not.

Which made me think - would there be any mileage in having a 'warm weather' twist that could be run if the weather was forecast to be too hot on the deep tube lines - thinking of something like excluding the deep stations (with the possible exception of the pre-arranged starting point) but adding in parts of other (mostly above ground) networks to bring the number of stations back up? (Leaving out the 'deep tube' stations and adding in DLR and Overground takes off 68 stations and adds 64, so the total number of stations to choose from is almost unchanged).
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Warm Weather Twist?

Post by Going Underground »

That's not a bad shout but unless this also excludes the use of deep level lines they would stlll probably come into play as a means of linking up the drawn stations.... Also would need to be round 1 or 6 ideally..
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Warm Weather Twist?

Post by RJSRdg »

Yes, 1 or 6 (more likely 6) would be the one most likely to be affected by warm weather.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!