Paris In July!!!

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Paris In July!!!

Post by Tube Geek »

So, I'm going on a school residential trip to Paris in July, and one of the days we have "free time" - basically 18-odd hours where we can do what we like. What else was I gonna do?....
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Paris In July!!!

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:So, I'm going on a school residential trip to Paris in July, and one of the days we have "free time" - basically 18-odd hours where we can do what we like. What else was I gonna do?....
They allow you free time to do anything on school trips? You are lucky, we don't (two school trips to Italy I've been on!). It would be nice though, and I think that we should.

Should I propose it to someone I think, using your school as an example of it working? (does it, or do some of the more disruptive students cause problems?)

As a side note, one of the students got a Yellow card in Geography (straight language detention) for purposely saying "Yes Miss" for the register to a male teacher after someone else had done it by mistake. (he gets a lot of detentions anyway, wonder if he cares about it?)

(My geography class is very disruptive and we were praised for finishing all the work in the first hour of double geography (meant for only that part of the lesson), even though that would be expected, wouldn't it?)
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote: (My geography class is very disruptive and we were praised for finishing all the work in the first hour of double geography (meant for only that part of the lesson), even though that would be expected, wouldn't it?)
My tutor group is worse: Last year alone, two of them had 7 A3s between them - one A3 is 2 hours after school!

COYR
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I doubt they will just let you wander round a city in a foreign country on your own all day without supervision.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

greatkingrat wrote:I doubt they will just let you wander round a city in a foreign country on your own all day without supervision.
Well, we have to say where we are at certain points (12:00, 13:00, 14:00 etc. etc. i think), so teachers can meet us there. However, i have seen who's coming, and am doubtful about this even happening :(:(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:
greatkingrat wrote:I doubt they will just let you wander round a city in a foreign country on your own all day without supervision.
Well, we have to say where we are at certain points (12:00, 13:00, 14:00 etc. etc. i think), so teachers can meet us there. However, i have seen who's coming, and am doubtful about this even happening :(:(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
You don't think you will be let away?

Do you mean teachers or students?

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:

I mean the day of freedom!

And students

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:

And students
That is a shame if you don't get it, but we don't, so is it much to expect it?

You got the problem students, then?

PS: Your 'where I am' each hour might seem a bit strange, at various (strange) points on the Paris metro. Also, a hint: http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents/Ca ... s.v3.9.pdf might be useful if you do get to do it!

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
A Challenge wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:

And students
That is a shame if you don't get it, but we don't, so is it much to expect it?

You got the problem students, then?

PS: Your 'where I am' each hour might seem a bit strange, at various (strange) points on the Paris metro. Also, a hint: http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents/Ca ... s.v3.9.pdf might be useful if you do get to do it!
Well, one of the students. The other ain't going. He's busy trying to pull a girl who's going out with a boy who's already had 3 girlfriends this year and is on his 4th

COYR
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

This has been cancelled due to 21 people signing up. There are 331 in my year.....

COYR
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

Tube Geek wrote: 09 Jan 2017, 13:28 This has been cancelled due to 21 people signing up. There are 331 in my year.....
You could still go to Paris on your own (with parents)...

Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote: 24 May 2017, 07:12
Tube Geek wrote: 09 Jan 2017, 13:28 This has been cancelled due to 21 people signing up. There are 331 in my year.....
You could still go to Paris on your own (with parents)...
It's back on though, just with less 'Free Time'

COYR
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

If you happen to be there around 14 July, Bastille Day, I highly recommend the fireworks display at the Eiffel Tower.