Another Z1 challenge...

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Mrs. Dustmask
Zone 1

Post by Mrs. Dustmask »

tubeguru wrote:Mrs Dustmask ... ?

Good God, there's more of them!

Believe me, I'm not "one of them"! The name is totally Zeibura's fault :wink:

I wouldn't wear a mask on the tube, though i do depise having to clear my nose of black snot at the end of the day! So Ant does the right thing to wear them, but still, he's not allowed to wear them when I'm with him, as I can't understand a word he says!
Awesome quality custom poi made to order!!! @
http://www.poisonpoi.co.uk

http://lovelypurpleshoes.wordpress.com
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

And you think we can when he's NOT wearing one?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Mrs. Dustmask
Zone 1

Post by Mrs. Dustmask »

He's quite coherent, but it is rather difficult to tell whether he's talking sense or if he's spurting out jargon/lyrics from his and/or random songs! On several occasions he's said things which I have taken seriously and shortly after discovered he was actually quoting War of The Worlds...

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

He's an obfuscator of the highest order to be sure.

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Hey congrats again on the win Chelle and nice to have Mr & Mrs Dustmark invlolved now :D

Our miserable 6th, although beating our P.B. by 39 seconds went all wrong from the start...... :(

Having no plans from L.G. we followed our Sloane Square circular route.... :?

We jumped on first westbound central, in completely the wrong carriage for N.H.G. to do the Bayswater run around to Earls Court... 4 min wait at N.H.G. long wait at Baystwater and then realised at H.S.K. we were on Circle Line, jumped off waited for District and then train stopped outside Earls Court (this is Cromwell Curve or something ?)...

We made a complete hash of Jubilee change to B.R. at Waterloo, following signs to Waterloo International and going miles out of the way (yes almost via the channel tunnel :) )

Sussed out the Aldgate East - Aldgate run over the fence across the road, sat on a Met line train for Liv. street and watched a circle pull in and out Doooh, schoolboy error :oops:

Must have lost 6-7 mins at Aldgate....Then we had long wait at Edgware around 5 mins for H & C to Paddington.....

Apart from those calamities we made some pretty good connections and thanks for all that came for another fun day :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Mrs. Dustmask
Zone 1

Post by Mrs. Dustmask »

Well... a tube challenge on the Paris metro would have also been fun had you ended up over there, albeit shorter, yet much nicer surroundings and larger platforms to run about on :D or indeed the metro at Lille, which is closer than Paris, which only has 2 lines, so I reckon that challenge could be completed in well under an hour!

greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

TheFatBuoy wrote:Also - out of interest - am I right in thinking that the walk at Euston from Northbound Charing Cross branch to Southbound City branch is quite a simple cross-platform affair? On Z1 day, ISTR that there was something like that going on there, which I wasn't expecting to be honest.
At Euston the platforms are grouped NB Bank/NB Vic, SB Bank/SB Vic and NB CX/SB CX. There is also a semi-secret passage leading from the NB Bank/Vic to the SB Bank/Vic which is quicker than going up the escalators and back down again.
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

greatkingrat wrote:
TheFatBuoy wrote:Also - out of interest - am I right in thinking that the walk at Euston from Northbound Charing Cross branch to Southbound City branch is quite a simple cross-platform affair? On Z1 day, ISTR that there was something like that going on there, which I wasn't expecting to be honest.
At Euston the platforms are grouped NB Bank/NB Vic, SB Bank/SB Vic and NB CX/SB CX. There is also a semi-secret passage leading from the NB Bank/Vic to the SB Bank/Vic which is quicker than going up the escalators and back down again.
Bloody hell, that is *extremely* useful - cheers! Anyone else care to do a similar paragraph for all the other interchange stations :-)
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

i dont wanna piss on anyones fire here or sound annoying... but do the research yourself!!!! i mean come on!! need to someone to wipe your arse too do ya??
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Piss away - it annoys me too.

Member of sweet FA
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

LOL - come on guys, you know I was being sarcastic! The odd gem of info here and there is great, but I of all people am more than happy to go and do research like that myself.

And when I have, I'll develop some Hakan-style uber-tubechallenge planning program and absolutely storm it! :P
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

that was my cue...

stockwell, mile end, finsbury park
and euston when kings cross lies ahead
baker street where tunnels are dark
and oxford circus, but don't see red

yes, it's a (semi)-cryptic one, and i'll leave you to work it out yourself.
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Quality, and so easy to remember, even though your list isn't quite exhaustive. :)
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Zeibura wrote:that was my cue...

stockwell, mile end, finsbury park
and euston when kings cross lies ahead
baker street where tunnels are dark
and oxford circus, but don't see red

yes, it's a (semi)-cryptic one, and i'll leave you to work it out yourself.
I do believe I've worked all that lot out, and cheers - it'll come in very handy to know where a 1-minute connection will be very easy, and where it won't be. The biggest problem when planning without all that much knowledge, is the not knowing what connections are going to be a bit of a bitch, and just allowing extra for them anyway. Especially given that I'm not exactly Linford Christie.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I can think of some omissions, but it's pretty nifty and not difficult to decrypt.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings