Calendar page

Your comments and suggestions on this forum are welcome here
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Calendar page

Post by michael_churchill »

I would suggest having a calendar page (perhaps in the "Replacement Bus Service" announcements section), which collects in one place the dates of all the regular forum-related events like the Random 15 championship, Zone 1 Challenge day and the Tube Olympics.
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Re: Calendar page

Post by A Challenge »

michael_churchill wrote:I would suggest having a calendar page (perhaps in the "Replacement Bus Service" announcements section), which collects in one place the dates of all the regular forum-related events like the Random 15 championship, Zone 1 Challenge day and the Tube Olympics.
This is a good Idea! I second this.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:I would suggest having a calendar page (perhaps in the "Replacement Bus Service" announcements section), which collects in one place the dates of all the regular forum-related events like the Random 15 championship, Zone 1 Challenge day and the Tube Olympics.
This is a good Idea! I second this.
I third it!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Does anyone feel like getting all the dates together and putting something together then? I can create the topic for it once that's done.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

tubeguru wrote:Does anyone feel like getting all the dates together and putting something together then? I can create the topic for it once that's done.
I've salvaged together this;
  • Zone 1 - Fri 3rd June
    R15 Round 5 Sat 4th June
    Tube Olympics (TO) All Lines - Tue 5th July
    TO Bottle - Fri 8th July
    TO Zone 1 - Wed 13th July
    TO DLR - Tue 19th July
    TO FNC - Fri 22nd July
    TO R15/R15 Round 6 - Sat 23rd July

COYR
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Tube Geek wrote:
tubeguru wrote:Does anyone feel like getting all the dates together and putting something together then? I can create the topic for it once that's done.
I've salvaged together this;
  • Zone 1 - Fri 3rd June - Early PM
    R15 Round 5 Sat 4th June (Twist Round) - Early PM
    Tube Olympics (TO) All Lines - Tue 5th July - Evening
    TO Bottle - Fri 8th July - Evening
    TO Zone 1 - Wed 13th July - Evening
    TO DLR - Tue 19th July - Evening
    TO FNC - Fri 22nd July - Any time you like!
    TO R15/R15 Round 6 - Sat 23rd July - Early PM
Times shown as well
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

If you wish to show who to contact with regards to each event (i.e. the organiser)- well for the aforementioned events that would be me.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

If you give me a couple of weeks, I could look to install a proper calendar module but I'm currently reconstructing my PC after it's hard disk died - hooray for cloud backups.

Only problem is that the backups were done when I lived in a fibre broadband area - backups are now being downloaded at less than 2mb/s - boo BT openreach.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

moley wrote:If you give me a couple of weeks, I could look to install a proper calendar module but I'm currently reconstructing my PC after it's hard disk died - hooray for cloud backups.

Only problem is that the backups were done when I lived in a fibre broadband area - backups are now being downloaded at less than 2mb/s - boo BT openreach.
While ur on it did u ever get round to updating the home page half of those tube challengers ain't even heard of on here anymore.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

moley wrote:If you give me a couple of weeks, I could look to install a proper calendar module but I'm currently reconstructing my PC after it's hard disk died - hooray for cloud backups!
At least you remember to back it up; the same happened to my laptop, but I didn't back anything up onto the cloud, so lost everything. Including Tube Challenge routes :cry:

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Tube Geek wrote:
moley wrote:If you give me a couple of weeks, I could look to install a proper calendar module but I'm currently reconstructing my PC after it's hard disk died - hooray for cloud backups!
At least you remember to back it up; the same happened to my laptop, but I didn't back anything up onto the cloud, so lost everything. Including Tube Challenge routes :cry:
That's where a photographic memory comes in handy
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
That's where a photographic memory comes in handy
I did eventually remember them, and wrote them all down. So I do have them!

COYR