Sydney Random 15 Championship

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
leamfarrar
Zone 3

Sydney Random 15 Championship

Post by leamfarrar »

Hey All,

Just wanted to say that the Sydney team had their first round of the 2016 R15 Championship today. It was a good start, we had five people join us (two people joined forces), and we had quite a close race, all of us separated by about 10-12 mins. Hoping to get more people next time as we build it up, but as the organiser of the championship down here, I was pretty happy with the beginning.

We didn't have any delays throughout, even though we were limited by the amount of stations since our normal rounds are only sticking with a "zone" of stations based off our old ticketing network to make it easier for everyone. Everyone completed all 15 stations, which was a bonus as well.

We ended up with our first controversy as well, with myself and the winner arriving on the same train for our 15th station (not together, I was unaware until after the fact) but 30 seconds between our times (mine was 2:36:44, his was 2:36:14), so I'm going to seek clarification from tangy as to what to do since I want to align the Sydney championship rules as closely to the London rules as possible.

Our next round is tentatively booked in for March 5th or March 12th, which will be our first twist round (no trackwork on those weekends, and our twist is going to be the light rail)
Leam Mark Farrar
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Sydney Random 15 Championship

Post by Going Underground »

Great stuff and continued good luck with this :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

The Random 15 Championship rules can be found here: http://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubecha ... 5rules.htm however it seems I have failed to add in that specific rule.

Teams finishing on the same train as other teams are ranked equal, regardless on the exact measured time (as of course, all teams started their stopwatches at the same time at the start). This is the same as the Zone 1 Day rules (see rule 1.9 here: http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/viewto ... =38&t=3078 )
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Otherwise you could have the unfortunate situation of competitors pushing each other away from the doorway in an attempt to get off first!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

And this also happened to me and tangy in my first ever Random 15:

http://www.tubeforum.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 135#p74550
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds