Options from/to Heathrow

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
spoogie37
Zone 1

Options from/to Heathrow

Post by spoogie37 »

A couple of weeks ago it took me just over half hour to get from Richmond to Hatton Cross - including a ten minute wait for a bus at Feltham. So the transfer could be done in 20 minutes if you are lucky with the buses.

Heathrow connect from Terminals 1-2-3 to Ealing Broadway takes 17 minutes but beware:

(1) The trains are only half houely

(2) The single fare is £8.80 and you can't use Travelcards
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Which bus stop at Feltham were you waiting at? (If you followed the big signs saying bus to Heathrow this way you were at the wrong stop.)
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

I keep running up the steps and over the road - forgetting to run the shorter distance over the footbridge and out the other station exit!

Can't be arsed with Heathrow Connect - makes absolutely no sense to me...
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

I think I ran over the station footbridge and out of the station, and used that bus stop. Waited for ages.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

My current thinking is to use heathrow express to T4 as the exit brings you out by the bus station Then use the replacement bus toHatton cross and then return to town using the Piccadilly.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

That's what I do, but I sometimes swap it round and go Hatton Cross - HT4 - HT123 - Acton Town depending on the time.
Jeremy
Zone 1

Post by Jeremy »

If you will excuse the bump, my 06:49 490 took 33 mins on Relief Day to do Richmond - Hatton Cross.

We only lost time getting into the Cross, else the roads were empty.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

So as well as buying a zones 1-6,A-D travelcard, we need to fork out more hard-earned cash for a Heathrow Connect ticket as well? What a pity, I shan't be able to pay my student loan off after all.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I think using Heathrow Connect is a complete waste of time whilst the RRBS is in place. If you were going from Acton Town to Heathrow, you'd have to get out at Hatton Cross, travel both directions on the bus, then get back on the Tube again to get the Connect service from Ts 123. At least with Heathrow Express you could double back at 123, then only use the bus in one direction and hop on the Express. They're twice as frequent, too.

The money excuse is an illogical one. If you want the record enough, and if you have weighed up the options and think it's worth it, then surely an extra tenner isn't going to hurt all that much? On top of your accomodation, Travelcard and supplies, it will probably be a few per cent of your total expenditure. You could even use a Young Persons' Railcard, or other Railcard, if you've got one, and save 1/3rd.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
londongirl
Zone 3

Post by londongirl »

The Heathrow Express is definitely an option if your trying to make up time and it fits in nicely with a route, especially if you don't start at heathrow, it's a quick way to get there and come down on the Piccadilly line.