12 countries in 24 hours

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
Steeevooo
All Zones

Re: 12 countries in 24 hours

Post by Steeevooo »

No idea. Why not work it out and let us know?
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

Tube Geek wrote:How about Monaco :arrow: France :arrow: Italy :arrow: Switzerland :arrow: Liechenstien :arrow: Austria :arrow: Germany :arrow: Austria (again) :arrow: Czech Republic :arrow: Slovakia :arrow: Poland :arrow: Ukraine :arrow: Belarus :arrow: Poland (again) :arrow: Russia (that little bit not attached to the rest) :arrow: Lithuania :arrow: Latvia :arrow: Estonia? How long is that?
No research, but rather than head East, I'd go North to get Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. That makes 10. Then Denmark & Sweden? (I've done the Oresund bridge on a train too)
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

michael_churchill wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:How about Monaco :arrow: France :arrow: Italy :arrow: Switzerland :arrow: Liechenstien :arrow: Austria :arrow: Germany :arrow: Austria (again) :arrow: Czech Republic :arrow: Slovakia :arrow: Poland :arrow: Ukraine :arrow: Belarus :arrow: Poland (again) :arrow: Russia (that little bit not attached to the rest) :arrow: Lithuania :arrow: Latvia :arrow: Estonia? How long is that?
No research, but rather than head East, I'd go North to get Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. That makes 10. Then Denmark & Sweden? (I've done the Oresund bridge on a train too)
Surely it would be Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, as that doesn't mean coming back and wasting time
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

I have route that goes to 17 countries. Might be over 24 hours, but not by over 5 countries! Also, just want to point something out. Everyone us talking about routes in Europe, when you could do it anywhere in the world. I even messed around by starting in Asia and finishing in Europe!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Tube Geek wrote:I have route that goes to 17 countries. Might be over 24 hours, but not by over 5 countries! Also, just want to point something out. Everyone us talking about routes in Europe, when you could do it anywhere in the world. I even messed around by starting in Asia and finishing in Europe!
Well the subject heading is in 24 hours I can't see any point in trying for more than 12 that's a country every two hours the small ones like Liechtenstein Andorra Luxembourg Monaco if that is counted are must. A good idea is to start at a railway so close to the border u get two countries straight away
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Exactly - what's the point of announcing that you can visit X number of countries if you don't even know if you can do it in the stipulated time limit? I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to devise a route that will take in many more countries - it won't be able to be done within 24 hours, but I'd have a route!
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Andorra has no train line. Just a heads up.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

The Raven wrote:Andorra has no train line. Just a heads up.
Thanks for that I presumed not
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
The Raven wrote:Andorra has no train line. Just a heads up.
Thanks for that I presumed not
Also San Marino has no railway
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

I know from experience that Monaco has one railway station (underground) run by SNCF. I was arriving there from Nice, but the train I was on was continuing on to Ventimiglia just over the border in Italy. Monaco's original railway station was next to the hairpin of the Grand Prix circuit, which is why that corner was previously known as the Station Hairpin.

Ventimiglia being on the coast very close to France, I'm not sure how connected it is to get to Switzerland. You may have to change to the Italian system, and interchange at Turin.