The story so far...

Can you identify a station from just a paving slab? Sadly, some people can
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: The story so far...

Post by GuyBarry »

Right, now for the biggie. (This has got to be the hardest one since I did "West Hampstead Thameslink" for Off the Rails!) First paragraph of chapter 7, after Don arrives at the monastery:

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" asked the friar.
"RAY NERSLANE," said Don, uttering the first name that came into his head. "I'm heading SOUTH - WAR Knows no friends."
"You're in the military then?"
"Yes," lied Don. "I'm emBARKING on a secret mission to find alternative energy sources."
"What sort?" They stood by a hillside, which the winds had started to BATTER.
"SEA POWER. STATIONed up at that TOWER."
"HILLside one, you mean?"
"That's right."
"You're a long way from the sea here."
"That's why it's a secret mission."

Any good?
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

GuyBarry wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 16:38 Any good?
It certainly is, well done!

It saves me having to find time to do something clever with my own idea, involving terse comments from Austin Powers... :)
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Post by GuyBarry »

Thanks! I'll re-edit the story in due course - there are a few errors that need correcting, as well as the odd update ("Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3" is still mentioned).
It saves me having to find time to do something clever with my own idea, involving terse comments from Austin Powers... :)
Ah yes, I thought of "terse", but The Orange One used it in "Over the Top":

"I can tell you what he was like, but I can't remember his name off the BAT. TERSE. A PARKa around his torso."

It's such fun reading through all these again. I must admit I was reduced to helpless giggles by parts of "Off the Rails"!
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Hard to believe it was eight years ago. Must try and find the time to re-read them myself. I seem to recall "Travelling Light" was memorable. If I remember correctly... :D