Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tractakid »

I can highly recommend Stavanger parkrun-a wonderful one-lapper round a flat lake, and then takes a tangent up a massive hill, but worth it for the panoramic views at the top.

Kungsängen parkrun was incredibly lovely too, a truly stunning parkrun through undulating forest trails. 1.2k out, 2.6k loop, and then 1.2k back (approx).

I can't recommend it though.

Probably Bethlem on Saturday!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

tractakid wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:06 I can highly recommend Stavanger parkrun-a wonderful one-lapper round a flat lake, and then takes a tangent up a massive hill, but worth it for the panoramic views at the top.

Kungsängen parkrun was incredibly lovely too, a truly stunning parkrun through undulating forest trails. 1.2k out, 2.6k loop, and then 1.2k back (approx).

I can't recommend it though.

Probably Bethlem on Saturday!
My friends Charles & Phina from Worthing Harriers were also at Kungsängen on Monday, Charles scanned Geoff Marshall's barcode and also Paul Freyne's.
What a crazy small world that you guys all turned up at the same parkrun. I will add the results to next weeks update.

In the meantime here are the results from last week......

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Thanks for keeping this up to date Soupy = one small correction:

I've completed stopwatch bingo - I got a 32 at Rushmoor
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Well soupie finally has that one win against me as i was still injured from last week what a scenic parkrun durleston country park is upped my nendy by over 40km. only detraction is this has been over hyped sure it is hilly but i dont think its as bad as other parkruns that have hills loop 1 and 3 is runable plus the out and back but loop 2 and loop 4 does have a killer hill but i found mount edgecumbe worser.

I like to repeat this one when im better i dont usually repeat but this one i will.
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Back to Black Park for the final Fibonacci number - and about 100 people had the same idea!

I was glad of the shade from the trees as it was a warm day - but a lovely run in the forest
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Golf wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 19:17 Well soupie finally has that one win against me as i was still injured from last week what a scenic parkrun durleston country park is upped my nendy by over 40km. only detraction is this has been over hyped sure it is hilly but i dont think its as bad as other parkruns that have hills loop 1 and 3 is runable plus the out and back but loop 2 and loop 4 does have a killer hill but i found mount edgecumbe worser.

I like to repeat this one when im better i dont usually repeat but this one i will.
I have to disagree, at Mount Edgcumbe the incline is not bad at all, it is gradual and I have no problem to continue running. Durlston is an absolute killer, I didn't have to walk on the first loop, but I ended up walking on loop 2, out-and-back, loop 3 and loop 4. I've never had to walk so much!!!
I'm in good form at the moment and 26:32 is actually my slowest ever time for a proper run (I have run slower but usually when pacing someone else).

It was nice to finally finish ahead of you, but a shame that you were injured. You are still 5-1 up I think?
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

One day I shall return!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Hastings today with Andy and boy was it hot! Am out and back course with one section on two levels - so you run under cover for half a mile. Great PB potential as it's near as damn it straight, so just the one U-turn at the half way point. My fastest time for years!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

150th Parkrun for me today at Lancing BG and the heat was too much!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Thankfully the heat had already gone at Ashbourne today, with a downpour arriving at 1000 to cool things even more.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Iain wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 17:50 Hastings today with Andy and boy was it hot! Am out and back course with one section on two levels - so you run under cover for half a mile. Great PB potential as it's near as damn it straight, so just the one U-turn at the half way point. My fastest time for years!
i still have some healing to do was running really well keeping up with the 20m pacer could have gone faster but then 1km pop the muscle goes again i got no confidence in it. so waited up for iain to pass and paced him all way to end.
tube olympic winner once
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Managed to jog Bedfont Lakes this week on sprained ankle and anyone that knows the course will realise it has absolutely zero shade and was so hot in London yesterday. Delighted to not have to walk or being in condition to go a minute per km faster!
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

No heat for me at Penryn Campus, just overcast and a little drizzle. 3rd place which equals my best position.

Here are the latest stats.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

a rare slip up for me i thought no way after only 3 events would tidworth be cancelled but that just reminds me to look at the cancellation page so a return to salisbury it was no time i ran with aura in a pushchair and millie aged 7 in a time of 35m 51s around a beautiful flat course defo a pb i wouldnt be surprised if the guy who came first wasnt in top 10 of country 15m 41s lapped me twice on a 4 lap course.
tube olympic winner once
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Basingstoke for me after the strike messed up plans to meet Andy. As it turned out it all worked out fine. Pleased to get nearly exactly the same time as Hastings on a way trickier course.