Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by jamesthegill »

Soup Dragon wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 15:05 What is the earliest anyone has got up to travel to parkrun?
Not quite what you're after, but it turns out that sleeping through your alarm and getting up at 8:45 in Hove means you're not gonna make your tail walker shift at Lancing!
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Oh dear James, what a shame. I don't think I've slept through until 8:45 in years, I'm usually awake before 6:00 without an alarm.

Here is this weeks update: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

When I first started doing Parkrun there was only one course near me, so I thought I would aim for my 50 t shirt purely running that one course. Several years later, and for various reasons I'm still not very close! As I got the opportunity to go somewhere totally different last week, and there are now more courses close to me, I've decided to try and visit all the local ones when I can.

First up was Isabel Trail in Stafford, decided totally by the fact it is mostly on tarmac paths, and the weather had been terrible (not the best time of year to start touring!). It was interesting to do a smaller run, as the other two courses were at least twice as well attended. It's nice, and relatively flat, even though it is out and back.

I'll see where takes my fancy next time...
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

i been a bit quiet with my recent runs but all in the 21min range firstly oxford a beautiful parkrun that i got my car park badge finally for.

then swanley innagural followed by the great field innagural which has pissed somebody on facebook uk tourist page off good!

the first two have miniature railways on them highly recommend to see and the great field will be a popular parkrun dorset complete again!
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Bizarrely, the Facebook post just made by Isabel Trail parkrun about a run report for last week being posted is accompanied not only by a picture that is not taken at the Isabel Trail, but more importantly one that has Tractakid prominently in shot!
Doesn't any more.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Ha. Turns out it's an image parkrun place on several parkrun homepages. Huddersfield, Ifield Mill Pond, Wakefield Thornes, Mackay, Bannockburn Buch, Kraalkop, Weipa, Keswick.

I don't know where it was taken, but I imagine it was taken by Bruce Li. Possibly Jersey Farm?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

jamesthegill wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 16:31
Soup Dragon wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 15:05 What is the earliest anyone has got up to travel to parkrun?
Not quite what you're after, but it turns out that sleeping through your alarm and getting up at 8:45 in Hove means you're not gonna make your tail walker shift at Lancing!
I woke up at 08:55 last week and just about made it to the Linford Wood start line on time. Proper anxiety inducing moment.

I checked to confirm later my L and R socks did not make it onto the correct feet.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Earliest I've got up for parkrun is 5AM to catch the 5:42 from Bournemouth

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Beacon today for me, and even though it hasn't really rained since last week, we still ran the B course to avoid the golf course. Very pleasant.

Is it Parkrun policy to name the different events in such a way that they only make sense to people who live in the same town? Beacon could quite easily be called Lichfield (much as my run last week could have been Stafford).
Doesn't any more.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The Raven wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 17:00 Earliest I've got up for parkrun is 5AM to catch the 5:42 from Bournemouth

I was up at 5am yesterday for a 6am departure from Perranporth to Dorchester, took exactly 2 hours 30 minutes. And the 2 hours 30 to get home to Worthing after parkrun.
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Here are the latest results... 13 Runners at 13 Different Events! Don't think that's happened before.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

al wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 17:44 Beacon today for me, and even though it hasn't really rained since last week, we still ran the B course to avoid the golf course. Very pleasant.

Is it Parkrun policy to name the different events in such a way that they only make sense to people who live in the same town? Beacon could quite easily be called Lichfield (much as my run last week could have been Stafford).
It's a bit silly when towns have multiple parkruns though. Newcastle parkrun was recently renamed Town Moor parkrun to reflect that it was now one of multiple parkruns in Newcastle. The policy is that a parkrun should be named after the smallest identifiable geographical area in which the event takes place.

I don't think the names 'Beacon parkrun' or 'Isabel Trail parkrun' prevented you finding and running the event.
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Tried some more tourism this morning, but got caught out by a cancelled event. Due to the recent discovery of a load of dead swans at Chasewater, DEFRA are investigating so it was cancelled last night. I'm not a big Facebook reader though, so didn't see the message, and as the weather was ok I wasn't expecting it to have any issues. The paths were still open though, so I ran it anyway, along with a couple of others. A couple of pinch points, exacerbated by there being no marshalls to open the big gates past the kissing gates and level crossing, but very nice. Also the closest I have been to a herd of deer (10 metres)!
Doesn't any more.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

I think today at Bournemouth was my fastest time with buggy. I'm tempted next week to do a very flat Poole to see if I can go faster. Though the busyness of Poole put me off!

Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Ran a new PB at Lancing BG, now down to 24:18!

I'm not going to beat that next week at Bevendean, but I've got my eye on beating my current best placed finish of 12th, and Geoff's bronze medal position there...

(Also, just realised I'm only six seconds away from taking the silver medal position at Lancing! Something to aim for!)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.