Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by tractakid »

Swansea Bay was a fast and flat course. Surprisingly varied- sections in trees as well as the coastal views over the bay :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK, spreadsheet is updated. Four new courses this weekend, but only one improvement by Going Underground. Tubeguru gets 50 runs, and tractakid is now on 150. No T-shirt for that, sadly. I think there should be T-shirts for every 50 runs, myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Also, inappropriate posts deleted.

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tubeguru wrote:OK, spreadsheet is updated. Four new courses this weekend, but only one improvement by Going Underground. Tubeguru gets 50 runs, and tractakid is now on 150. No T-shirt for that, sadly. I think there should be T-shirts for every 50 runs, myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Congrats on the 50 and the 150 runs chaps :D
Scriv is now on 99 so almost in the 100 club....I think his time is wrong today BTW..
Was surprised to beat my time at Nonsuch as conditions were very bad, I slipped up walking to the start and ended up with mud all over my legs before we had even set off on the run :shock: Iain was also at Nonsuch but just a supporting role today and also Paul Sinton-Hewitt CBE, to commemorate the 250th event...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tubeguru wrote:Also, inappropriate posts deleted.
Inappropriate posts u criticise people then don't apologise hypocrite u always putting people down its just people don't bring u up on it moderator. Snide remarks etc to certain people u like. Now I know and will apologise to some people on here for some actions but u been on my rag for some time Mr Neil. Now I have had in my personal life enough so now I'm biting back and telling you exactly how I feel sometimes you make people feel not good about themselves. Now I don't care if I'm banned but admit that u can adjust ur way of speaking down to people u do that constantly in my mind why. And if u delete post it will just show u ain't willing to talk like ******* wikipedia
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Inappropriate posts u criticise people then don't apologise hypocrite u always putting people down its just people don't bring u up on it moderator. Snide remarks etc to certain people u like. Now I know and will apologise to some people on here for some actions but u been on my rag for some time Mr Neil. Now I have had in my personal life enough so now I'm biting back and telling you exactly how I feel sometimes you make people feel not good about themselves. Now I don't care if I'm banned but admit that u can adjust ur way of speaking down to people u do that constantly in my mind why. And if u delete post it will just show u ain't willing to talk like f*****g wikipedia

Andi, I think it may be better for your sake if these kinds of post don't remain. This isn't reflective of who you really are. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Inappropriate posts u criticise people then don't apologise hypocrite u always putting people down its just people don't bring u up on it moderator. Snide remarks etc to certain people u like. Now I know and will apologise to some people on here for some actions but u been on my rag for some time Mr Neil. Now I have had in my personal life enough so now I'm biting back and telling you exactly how I feel sometimes you make people feel not good about themselves. Now I don't care if I'm banned but admit that u can adjust ur way of speaking down to people u do that constantly in my mind why. And if u delete post it will just show u ain't willing to talk like f*****g wikipedia
OK, I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you, which you clearly want. Instead I'll address your points in public so people can see my thoughts on what you're saying.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:u criticise people then don't apologise hypocrite
palkanetoijala31 wrote:u always putting people down its just people don't bring u up on it moderator
You're obviously implying that I use my position as site admin to be nasty to people, I assume. Now while it's true that I can be sarcastic at times, I don't see anyone else having a go at me for it. It's well-known among most forum members that (to coin a phrase) I'm like Marmite. I like to think I've mellowed somewhat over the last 11 years or so, and I don't think I play devil's advocate as much as I used to. As for stuff that I may have done several years ago, I doubt most people remember it - I certainly don't! Maybe it's only people who hold grudges (like you) who remember it ...
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Snide remarks etc to certain people u like.
Why would I do that to people I *like*?
palkanetoijala31 wrote: been on my rag for some time Mr Neil.
I know - you've never really liked me.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Now I have had in my personal life enough so now I'm biting back and telling you exactly how I feel sometimes you make people feel not good about themselves.
You mean I don't make *you* feel good about yourself? Quite how I do that is lost on me, as I don't go out of my way to do so. I would suggest the problem lies with you and the way you seem to take offence at every little thing I say or do. As tractakid just said, I don't really think this sort of thing should be on the public forum, but as you persist in bringing it up, I'm indulging you with a response.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:but admit that u can adjust ur way of speaking down to people u do that constantly in my mind
The key words here are "in my mind". You seem to be obsessed with putting me in my place, and insisting that I'm always doing this sort of thing. I'll invite anyone reading this to tell me when I've done this to them recently. I admit I've done it in the past, but we're not going to rake over old stuff just so you can score points against me.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:And if u delete post it will just show u ain't willing to talk like f*****g wikipedia
I have no idea what Wikipedia has to do with any of this.

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

a typical Neil response put a person down well done no encouragement

Getting back on post here seeing as moderator clearly likes being sarcastic and that is my point in all this tone it down. I'm fed up with it and now u can see I'm clearly trying to tell u that simple fact not putting u in ur place.

're getting back on post parkrun I will be going lymington it's a local one I can go too without much cost unlike others whom have much more advantage living elsewhere innaggural or not.

Next week I be going yeovil where it cost me a lot to drive but not too much.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:a typical Neil response put a person down well done no encouragement

Getting back on post here seeing as moderator clearly likes being sarcastic and that is my point in all this tone it down. I'm fed up with it and now u can see I'm clearly trying to tell u that simple fact not putting u in ur place.
Well, I addressed your points and yet you claim I'm still putting you down. It seems that only one thing will satisfy you - me spoon-feeding your ego in public. And that is clearly a ridiculous thing for me to be doing to a grown 40-year-old man.

And are you sure you know what "sarcastic" means? There was none of it in my reply to you.

Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: Next week I be going yeovil where it cost me a lot to drive but not too much.
Looks a stunning course! Enjoy
palkanetoijala31

tubeguru wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:a typical Neil response put a person down well done no encouragement

Well, I addressed your points and yet you claim I'm still putting you down. It seems that only one thing will satisfy you - me spoon-feeding your ego in public. And that is clearly a ridiculous thing for me to be doing to a grown 40-year-old man.

And are you sure you know what "sarcastic" means? There was none of it in my reply to you.
Again my point is ur putting every comment I make down u have to reply don't that's my point in doing so ur putting my back up and just proving everything that is about ur personality ur have to respond u have to be right ur putting me down by just criticising evetything i say no spoon feed ego i dont need it but when ur wrong neil just say it but alas u dont because thats you.

I have had a bad day and when my back is against wall people still try put me down I'm now fighting and telling u this I'm strong I don't need people to fuel an ego that I haven't got. Look at my signature I have done it all seen every argument even made if not close friends with Mr Marshall. If I had an ego I wouldn't have done that now I'm reaching out to u Neil look we might never be close friends but respect u do go over the Mark so do I but when I'm telling u this and other people won't.

Don't criticise the grammar don't criticise the comment,don't respond don't have the last word.

By the way u do a fantastic job on keeping the statistics up. Park run related and Andrew apologies if I offended but when people tell u what to do criticise u all the time. At one time u will explode u will come out with venom it's a release of pressure.

Neil Mr tubeguru hug
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Why don't you two just leave it now? Andi, stop posting comments with ****** in them, and just being downright annoying, then Neil can stop having to reply and by all administrator-y
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
palkanetoijala31

Tube Geek wrote:Why don't you two just leave it now? Andi, stop posting comments with ****** in them, and just being downright annoying, then Neil can stop having to reply and by all administrator-y
Now u can do one as well stop telling me what I can't do if I want swear which I do often I will I know that offends some people then tough. It's the fact that now I have Been too soft with people I have tried make peace those obvious feelers in last message but now u try and tell me what to do.

Apologies if this is going to cause upset in your case but ur not in my league. Ego if what people say is ego the signature says it all I have constantly despite constant criticism come up with goods in the tube challenge world but I have always shown respect to the past tube challengers. Ask the browns Kevin Anthony and despite our obvious differences I even respect Geoff the architect as should be his nickname.

Geoff for example has done more despite not involved in recent zone 1 or even an occasional random 15 which I really like to see him do even if only as an oppurtunity for job londonist I respect him as being the people who research tube challenge as the man.

Even Neil despite being an occasional twat which like myself self humiliating I am sometimes am I kind of respect if not particularly like.

Now u sir with respect learn this until u break 15h 45m 38s or give and learn respect to what u try to break tube challenge wise. Get off my case in this I have had a bad day and when I'm mad I will tell you so I'm hoping mad by the disrespect shown here seeing as I'm being a nice person 99% of the time u got me on the one time where I will argue and tell you when enough is enough.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

So who's going running next weekend then?

Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Yeovil montachute want to come along its ur neck of the woods. Kevin and myself be there.