Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Challenge parkrun league...

Post by Soup Dragon »

I was at Penryn Campus this week, nice to be at a course where there was absolutely no mud, even in the winter.
It's mainly just tarmac paths through the pretty grounds of the campus. It's out and back three times and I was very surprised how hilly it was.
I don't know why but I was expecting a flat course, but from the bottom of the course you run up a 35m hill three times.
The third and final time up the hill is an absolute killer. This was my 29th different course in 29 runs since return.
Unfortunately my run might come to an end this week as I tested positive for Covid on Sunday. I did a pub quiz last Wednesday and everyone in our team has now tested positive, despite all having been fully vaccinated.

Anyhow.... here are this weeks results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Soup Dragon wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 15:04 I was at Penryn Campus this week, nice to be at a course where there was absolutely no mud, even in the winter.
It's mainly just tarmac paths through the pretty grounds of the campus. It's out and back three times and I was very surprised how hilly it was.
I don't know why but I was expecting a flat course, but from the bottom of the course you run up a 35m hill three times.
The third and final time up the hill is an absolute killer. This was my 29th different course in 29 runs since return.
Unfortunately my run might come to an end this week as I tested positive for Covid on Sunday. I did a pub quiz last Wednesday and everyone in our team has now tested positive, despite all having been fully vaccinated.

Anyhow.... here are this weeks results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
just goes to prove it dont work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Golf wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 18:16
Soup Dragon wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 15:04 I was at Penryn Campus this week, nice to be at a course where there was absolutely no mud, even in the winter.

just goes to prove it dont work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As everybody who actually knows anything about vaccines knows, vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching illnesses. Their purpose is to enable your white blood cells to kill the virus once it has entered your body much more quickly and effectively than if you weren't vaccinated.

I do wish people would actually research these things before making such pointless comments ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching illnesses. They used to before they changed the defination of what one is in the english dictionary :lol: :lol: .

Penhryn is one i will be doing in march soupie not sure which week hilly is it oh well never mind!
tube olympic winner once
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Golf wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 19:22 vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching illnesses.
That is literally what I just said.

Member of sweet FA
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Golf wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 19:22 vaccines do NOT prevent you from catching illnesses. They used to before they changed the defination of what one is in the english dictionary :lol: :lol: .
Which vaccines were those, Andi?
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

far better than the stupid covid vaccine which people dont need in order to live.
tube olympic winner once
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Golf wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 18:42 far better than the stupid covid vaccine which people dont need in order to live.
Anyway, back on topic ...

Member of sweet FA
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

..... back on topic.

Here is this week's updated parkrun league, the aforementioned C-word did bring my run to an end.
The first parkrun that I've missed (when I could have run), since 25th Jan 2020.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Another week without parkrun action for me....! :(
We moved to Cornwall on Friday and the drive down was extremely tiring. Negotiating our way through storm Eunice was quite a challenge.
Three parkruns in Cornwall survived (Land's End, Heartlands and Tamar Trails) but I just couldn't face another journey with the weather still being rather windy. Well done to those who did manage to get out and run on Saturday.

Here is the updated list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
One day I shall return!
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

matt i,m disappointed in you wycombe rye thats my 250th this saturday why couldn,t u delay for 1 week?
tube olympic winner once
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I've seen on Facebook that Parkrun are shortly going to change the rules about dogs and how they are controlled, which has already generated a lot of disappointed angst from dog owners. Anyone know why they have changed the rules in the way they have?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

This is to ensure people keep their dog under proper control as not all people using waist harnesses are able to.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

No idea why they even entertain dogs at parkrun. It's for people not animals IMO
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Back on the tourist trail this morning to the new-ish Trentham Gardens parkrun, which is a single lapper around a lake and through the Italian Gardens. A very pleasant run, but I got caught out by them starting early! Even the Marshall on the bridge to the start was surprised!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.