TUBE 45 GERMAN REPORTER TRIES OUT THE NETWORK

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 45 GERMAN REPORTER TRIES OUT THE NETWORK

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

This saturday will see a reporter from Die Zeit newspaper in germany try out the network for size and see if she can get round assisted by myself of course!
al
Zone 6

Re: TUBE 45 GERMAN REPORTER TRIES OUT THE NETWORK

Post by al »

Cool, hope she enjoys it and sticks it out to the end :)
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
palkanetoijala31

214 Stations in 14hr report to follow after sleep
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

al wrote:Cool, hope she enjoys it and sticks it out to the end :)
She obviously had enough after 14 hours with Andi ;)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Well this was no ordinary attempt accompanied by a reporter meant i could do everything slowly not run and explain it all.I based a route on a particular walking pace that i could predict for say Andrew (tractakid) last time and until 14:00 every train that i predicted actually came to pass.

Given that it was a saturday it was a first for me on the whole i would disagree its harder on a saturday i felt it was a lot easier the crowds didn,t seem to be as much and u had a lot more space to run in not that i did any.

after 14:00 fortunately for the reporter she got to see the more frustrating side when u arrive in the platforms and the train u want leaves this actually happened 4 times on the trot.And the exhausting side of it for her was the walking everywhere although plaudits must be given to her for really fast time from getting between high barnet and cockfosters in all my 45 attempts i still cant decide which is better way to do it.

hopefully the story will be a good one i mentioned several tube challengers names in the report and she took extensive notes around the network.

I think the main thing she got out of it was the tireless work that goes into it the route planning and predicting she was thankful that i did that for her but explained the reasons for it.For example Stanmore to Edgware i had 7 options for her to get across between the 2.

I have now given my all to this hobby and i feel there is nothing left for me to do except go away and leave it to the others anybody who would like my future help in a challenge dont hesitate to contact me through my phone.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:hopefully the story will be a good one i mentioned several tube challengers names
Such as?!

palkanetoijala31

the list would be extensive to write out here basically she asked for a complete history of tube challengers so i went through them all with her in the 14 hours.

even the famous ******** was mentioned
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 10 Dec 2012, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

I am not happy if you have mentioned my name as I do not wish to be mentioned in some random paper.

Can you either ask her not to print my name or send me her email so I can ask her myself? Thanks

palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:I am not happy if you have mentioned my name as I do not wish to be mentioned in some random paper.

Can you either ask her not to print my name or send me her email so I can ask her myself? Thanks
In my knowledge of the press and freedom of information laws ur name is freely available to be printed and she can find u on internet if she wanted too. I,m not the reporter if she did print your name in a story then i have no knowledge of how she would have got that information!

surfice to say i have emailed her on your request to be non published so you wont have anything to worry about.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I,m not the reporter if she did print your name in a story then i have no knowledge of how she would have got that information!
Except you told her! Granted it is available elsewhere but they'd need a reason to be searching around as the obvious article (Wikipedia) does not list my name but I would prefer if people didn't tell the press without prior permission as you have done.

Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Sam wrote: the obvious article (Wikipedia) does not list my name
Yes it does (at the moment anyway).
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Nigel wrote:
Sam wrote: the obvious article (Wikipedia) does not list my name
Yes it does (at the moment anyway).
Well it shouldn't because there is no citation. I have removed it.

palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:I,m not the reporter if she did print your name in a story then i have no knowledge of how she would have got that information!
Except you told her! Granted it is available elsewhere but they'd need a reason to be searching around as the obvious article (Wikipedia) does not list my name but I would prefer if people didn't tell the press without prior permission as you have done.
Last i looked ur name is on wikipedia article in question or am i wrong? and has it been changed? For example Bob Robinsons and Geoff Marshall names are probably because she even told me about them so she has obviously done research before even meeting me otherwise why did she ask for me specifically.I even brought my ex,s name on her 2nd record breaking attempt and went into great discussion about her smoking :lol: and going out of stations for fag breaks funny stories like that.The history of my tube challenges and steve wilson,s was also brought up.

Besides i have emailed her on your request its the least i can do for you :)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Sam wrote:
Last i looked ur name is on wikipedia article in question or am i wrong? and has it been changed? For example Bob Robinsons and Geoff Marshall names are probably because she even told me about them so she has obviously done research before even meeting me otherwise why did she ask for me specifically.I even brought my ex,s name on her 2nd record breaking attempt and went into great discussion about her smoking :lol: and going out of stations for fag breaks funny stories like that.The history of my tube challenges and steve wilson,s was also brought up.

Besides i have emailed her on your request its the least i can do for you :)
There was a big debate a while back about records that do not have correct citation being on Wikipedia so I was under the impression that I would not be on there. I have since deleted my name from the article.

I couldn't give a damn whether Sara or Steve was mentioned, the issue I have is with my name being mentioned.

Thank you for e mailing her though, I appreciate it :)

palkanetoijala31

Going back to the actual attempt and these are her exact words i cant believe people actually attempt to do this why! i explained to her that people get differant expeirances out of it speaking only personally here.I told her that i was burnt out and tired of devising some many routes and that although i can still go and knowledge is in the head and the body is willing the spirit is not!

Geoff for example obviously gets a lot of enjoyment and frustration al clearly enjoys himself out there soon to join this club eh al!others i presume get a varied amount of emotions at 19:00 i could see that look in her eyes that said i quit im tired i have had enough i have seen that look 3 times before in past.

discussions about bicycles and cars between travelling between stations was brought up she even wanted to hitchhike a car i said in the area we were in there was a high chance of her getting a lift but not to where she wanted to go :lol: