Zone 1 2012 - Friday 8th June

All you need to know and discuss about the 2012 Zone 1 Challenge.
palkanetoijala31

Re: Zone 1 2012

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

geofftech wrote:
MylesHSG wrote:Ah, maybe it was Kev who rescued the Zone 1 when you know who was organising it?
Myles, considering you weren't around/on the forum two years ago, you should be careful of making petty digs when you've only heard one side of the story. The Railway at Kew Gardens had just been booked until others decided to meddle. It's not as if you have to be a member of Mensa or anything to 'organise' it anyway. Select date, choose meeting point and time, pick starting station and of you all go ...
palkanetoijala31 wrote:when i was 12 my parents allowed me to go down the pub on my own so if ur 15 u should be able to go out with friends its not like ur going to be home late is it.
wow. suddenly it all makes sense ...
Hmm isnt that a petty dig at myself and i have heard both sides of the story u think ur right but u must admit u never publicised that information to forum with only 2 weeks to go short notice especially as some members are from far off places and needed the info for train timings for example.

The problem you have Geoff is you are not willing or able to admit sometimes you can be wrong you can have very little respect for people hence what happened zone 1 day 2010 hastily organised by martin Hazel and well done as well i suppose you never thanked any of the people who left zone 1 day specifically to help you on a full network attempt.

Zone 1 day 2012 you should show up seeing as its the only event apart from a full network u seem to hold in regard if myles organises it then we should all be helping him not criticising him he is young and needs some seasoning probably pepper but when is ur age perhaps he be upstanding member of forum.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Not this again! We've been here done this....

Geoff was organising it - no one should have interferred. Should Geoff have advertised earlier - knowing how people like to plan their diaries on here - probably. Having taken over organising it, did people do a good job - yes.

Should Geoff make digs at Andi - no. Should Myles make digs at Geoff - no.

Finally, Geoff thanks everyone who helps out on his full network challenges - as does Sam, as I'm sure do you do Andi.

Let's move on.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

moley wrote:Not this again! We've been here done this....

Geoff was organising it - no one should have interferred. Should Geoff have advertised earlier - knowing how people like to plan their diaries on here - probably. Having taken over organising it, did people do a good job - yes.

Finally, Geoff thanks everyone who helps out on his full network challenges - as does Sam, as I'm sure do you do Andi.

Let's move on.
Probably the first time i have ever agreed with what Moley has said (allthough my point was the fact the tube forum grand event of the year where many people take part was slightly ruined by people leaving to support someone who on that day should have had no support on that day and did it in my view just to prove a point to spite the zone 1) Zone 1 2012 should be a grand event and every effort should be made by members to attend and make it a prestigious event again by oldies and newcomers alike.

I really have to thank a few people on full networks in order they are Ian Green lucky mascot Steve Wilson Martin Hazel Sara Wearn Kevin and Anthony Brown Glen John Stark Matthew Scrivin Steven Karahan and some others i have generally forgotten their help

Regarding Zone 1 2012 i think in my own personal opinion a list should go up of people willing to attend despite the date not been decided yet and as a forum moderator that hasnt been seen at a zone 1 for years i think Chris name should be at the top of the list.
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 14 Jan 2012, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
moley wrote:Not this again! We've been here done this....

Let's move on.
Regarding Zone 1 2012 i think in my own personal opinion a list should go up of people willing to attend despite the date not been decided yet and as a forum moderator that hasnt been seen at a zone 1 for years i think Chris name should be at the top of the list.
Regrettably, I already have committments. Zone 1 is not normally this late.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

moley wrote:Regrettably, I already have committments. Zone 1 is not normally this late.
Blame the Queen! It is usually held on the Friday of the May Half Term, which has been delayed by a week this year due to the Diamond Jubilee.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

unless your commitments are in another country nobody has set a date yet so how can you rule yourself out now?
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

Going Underground wrote: The date should be Friday 8th June this year :)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

If you wanted to thank Matt that much, you'd at least make sure you got his name right...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Going Underground wrote:Kev was very much involved the year that Ric and David Scard organised it doing a lot of work behind the scences and arranging the post-challenge venue.....
The date should be Friday 8th June this year :)
So is it not 8th June? That's the date I believe I'm busy!
palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:If you wanted to thank Matt that much, you'd at least make sure you got his name right...
bugger i didnt did i
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Sam wrote:If you wanted to thank Matt that much, you'd at least make sure you got his name right...
bugger i didnt did i
I wouldn't have pointed it out if you'd got it right!!

palkanetoijala31

duly noted and reedited getting back to the topic of zone 1 2012 how many stations are left in the hat and when is the last round of r15 championship Mr BERC
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Looking at the R15 2011/12 thread, the last one is scheduled for 9th June.

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Z1 is held on the Friday of the half term week to ensure that our younger challengers have a better opportunity of attending and the R15 date of 9th June was scheduled when the calendar for the championship was put together last year to reflect this as it has become part of the occasion in recent years.
As GKR points out it is slightly later this year due Queens Diamond Jubilee, but often the Z1 Friday is in June anyway........
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:duly noted and reedited getting back to the topic of zone 1 2012 how many stations are left in the hat and when is the last round of r15 championship Mr BERC
Is it?

2004 - Vauxhall
2005 - St James's Park
2006 - Sloane Square
2007 - Westminster
2008 - King's Cross
2009 - Angel
2010 - Waterloo
2011 - St Paul's
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record