Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
al
Zone 6

Re: TUBE 36 MYLES MUST COMPLETE

Post by al »

Well done Myles! Hope you enjoyed it.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

trains
Last edited by geofftech on 15 Oct 2013, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Well done Myles, welcome to the full network club :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Well done.

I've updated the top times list to include Myles' time in 40th position. Given the earlier post about Andi appearing to be in a support role, |I've not included his name against this completion. Please let me know if this is incorrect and I will amend.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Nigel wrote:Well done.

I've updated the top times list to include Myles' time in 40th position. Given the earlier post about Andi appearing to be in a support role, |I've not included his name against this completion. Please let me know if this is incorrect and I will amend.
To be honest nigel i missed the Hainault loop and top 3 stations of Epping line and mill hill east everything else i did really i think the point was i could have done them all with myles but a pizza break was necessary i claim it as a completion for myself really so i probs ended ended up 255 stations but congrats fat boy he says by 2013 he is going to take off 3 hours and 17m to set a new record from the new holder.

full write will follow later on today when back from work.
palkanetoijala31

okay write up as follows starts with Sunday and Amersham meet up i parked my car and low and behold the lady jogging down the road happens to be distantly related to me so we had a chat and soon myles turned up parkes both cars at Amersham and set off for Romford Travelodge which is bloody hard to find i tell you.

After finding a good Whetherspoons and a LLoyds bar near enough next to each Plus Steveooo who was having a date in the next pub beforehand we drank heartily with another person and found out some useful information plus the fact they are doing a 400 trip bus challenge from lands end to Berwick upon Tweed.After some nifty Bird pulling by me 2 birds joined our table and we had some good laughs with them then joined Steveo in a different pub and we left to get some rest.

Waking up early to get a taxi we arrived at Upminster at about 04.35 and rested a while in the very mild for january weather pulling out of Upminster at 04.53.16 a pretty slow driver i think he was 3 mins late getting into Barons Court meant that Myles had to walk a little faster than necessary but he made comfortably at Kensington Olympia the 06.24 train not thinking that HSK was going to be tight we actually had to run over the bridge in order to make the train.

Edgware Road just missing a Hammersmith pulling out we waited for our scheduled train and walked slowly across the Hammersmith roads and easily making our Chiswick park train who should run into the station then but the other tube challenger Iain we could have even held the doors open for him but it wasnt necessary we walked to Gunnersbury and picked up our Overground into Richmond.

Taking our Scheduled train at 07.48 getting into Feltham a minute late at preciself 08.00 a slight problem with their ticket machine swallowing my ticket 2 mins later we took a nice bus and allthough a little on the tight side made our connection at Hatton x 08.22.

Now here is where we lost a lot of time T5 and back out i still dont think they were running a good service and we lost time here and just missing a Rayners lane train at Acton town which would have meant an extra bus for myles but made ealing broadway easily and on schedule but alas i think we were 12m down at this point and i was thinking hang on we might be 20m down at West Ruislip.

Ealing Broadway some dickhead jammed the doors open there and delayed the train leaving which meant what i thought was a 9m walk to North ealing for a train and no it wasnt there so we lost more time but at Uxbridge it was only 1min in and out my 2nd best ever but alas meant arrival ickenham 10.44 I decided to test myself for this and would have easily made the 10.50 out of West Ruislip Myles turned up at 10.55 so we relaxed knowing that we still had that 30m for the last train and some very lax connections in the route to make up time.

Utilising a leyton toilet stop Myles went round loop on his own while i order Pizza from Woodford (note to self staff at Dominos here are ******* USELESS) i thought i be able to get it ordered and join up but no they were really slow and i had to meet up at Loughton missing the top 3 stops of Epping line.

Saving some pizza for later we were refreshed and ready to take out whole Jubilee line which we did i forgot to mention i also didnt do the top half of Jubilee line from Finchley Road to Wembley Park as i thought get ahead of Myles to see if he had nice bus at Canons park and if Stanmore was going to be tight connection i predicted a 14.38 bus from the electronic board from Canons Park would be fine but Stanmore might have been tight in the end it wasnt when arriving back in Canons park i swear that Electronic board changed next bus 9mins i told Myles i run to Edgware instead.

At Edgeware waiting for Myles to turn up i worked out we had gained a lot and was only 8m down on schedule but with MHE this was really 15m working some really nifty switches at Oval and Elephant & castle i swear if this woman was not in my way i could have made a 10s Northern to Bakerloo in and out.

After changing at Waterloo and mystery tube challenger whom didnt see us there in wrong door position we sped up knowing we have a 11m wait for MHE train so i got some refreshment and we had a comfort break as well.Decided against doing MHE and waited for next High Barnet just in case it was tight.

Arriving at Amy Winehouse we took a near 4 bus perfect combo listen to this a Bus 34 one stop down the road no waiting bus 107 1 stop towards New Barnet saw 307 in back window so got off and changed and at the Cockfosters Roundabout if the 299 was 10s later we would have had that as well not quite but we walked and got out of Cockfosters 17.39 only 7m down.

I thought of some possibilities of changing route in end we decided to stick with it and met Mystery tube challenger for a few stops from Kings X to Green Park down to Earls Court i showed Myles Starkeys stairs he wasnt impressed John and we made a lovely Wimbo train with a tram taking us down to Morden Road much disgust from Myles that the bus 93 passed us at wrong time and he was really annoyed at walk from Morden Road to Morden but he was now only 4m down at this point.

to continue
palkanetoijala31

After Making some nice swift changes around Stockwell and brixton which i think saved us 3m we arrived at Walthamstow on our intended train the 1st time we were back on schedule since T5 early in day making another sexy change at Aldgate we even made it to 5m up leaving there (note to Tfl your boards at Aldgate are crap dont give accurate information) a lovely walk with an improvised door position for Great Portland Street for Regents Park actually the 1st ever time i have used the stairs here i think i use again as well in future getting a Queens park train with me holding door for Myles to get in we switched to an Overground and 6m up on plan this was wiped out by the fact we had to wait at preston road after a Northwick park walk from kenton and 4 yes 4 buses past us.

Actually making a better walk from West Harrow to North Harrow than expected got us out 10.32 14m up and if the watford train had just held for a minute longer i seriously think Myles would have broken 19h barrier but alas no and we proved a theroy correct i said if we arrived on the 23.04 we wouldnt make 23.05 out this was proven as we saw the train arrive just as our doors closed theres opened up funny or what!

With Glen help we revised an Amersham finish instead as Chesham train was first in and rolled in a reasonably respectful time of just under 19 and half hours Myles says 2013 he is going to take 3 hours 17m of this to break the New World Record that we got told about.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: Taking our Scheduled train at 07.48 getting into Feltham a minute late at preciself 08.00 a slight problem with their ticket machine swallowing my ticket 2 mins later we took a nice bus and allthough a little on the tight side made our connection at Hatton x 08.22.

Should have called me I could have waved out of the window as your bus went pass our buidling on your left hand side 2 stops before Hatton Cross (Hatton Green) and hust befor you get the The Green man on the right....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Congrats Myles - really chuffed for you after having to pull out of the CiN run.

New world record sounds fast - looking forward to hearing more.

I had a bad run, will do a write up on a separate thread but got a busy day ahead so probably not until this evening.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I wonder what Myles thinks of all this ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Some dickhead jammed the doors open at Ealing Broadway? Ah, isn't karma a bitch :lol:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Would just like to thank Andi for all of his help. And also Glen who was our support man from 200 miles away, pobably just as important to have someone infront of a laptop these days as part of a support group. As stated Andi would have had a completion easy if it wasn't for out joint decision to get a pizza up at Woodford and then after that he decided to try and get ahead of me at some points and also have a refresment break at Finchley Central.

Was knackered at the end, but mainly due to Andi's snoring :twisted: the night before. Might make a complaint about the Watford trains leaving early as people do like to double back sometimes :oops:

Also found out some interesting information from a mystery tube challenger regarding the GWR 8)
The King is back! Long live The King!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

So now it's back to "I know something you don't know" games.

I thought that was meant to have stopped on the forum after the hoo ha of last time...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

I think it should be up to that tube challenger to revel themselves.
The King is back! Long live The King!