ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ. CONTENT OF POSTS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
tubeguru
Site Administrator

ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ. CONTENT OF POSTS

Post by tubeguru »

Just recently, the forum has played host to some questionable posts. We've had date rape drugs, sex with minors, and completely unacceptable rudeness without provocation, which is more or less tantamount to abuse.

Chris and I had a PM from a forum member earlier asking us to delete his membership as he felt he didn't want to be associated with a forum which discussed the second of the above topics. I fully agree with this person, and I have deleted ALL of the posts which relate to this subject from the CiN 2011 thread, where they first surfaced. I have not yet deleted this person's membership.

As this is a public forum, I would like to impress upon you all that we do have people under the age of 16 reading the posts we all make. We even have members who are under the age of 16, which makes such posts even more unacceptable.

I had the feeling when I started this forum that trouble of various sorts would eventually flare up, but I never envisaged members asking to be deleted because they found any discussion unacceptable to them. Everyone is responsible for what they post, and I would like to ask you, in fact I am TELLING YOU, please make sure your posts are acceptable for a public forum.

I know that a lot of people on here know each other in real life, and that sort of thing can lead to over-familiarity when it comes to posting, but please think about something before you post it.

I don't want people leaving the forum because of what people post. No member is bigger than the forum, hence the action I took in response to Andi's outburst yesterday. I would rather ban someone than have people leave the forum - as I said, a lot of you know each other and use the forum as a kind of Facebook/Twitter substitute, and I would like that to continue. I won't be happy if the forum stagnates and dies because people keep leaving.

That is all. Now behave. :roll:
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ. CONTENT OF POSTS

Post by tubeguru »

And stop replying to this post saying you're "sorry". I haven't pointed the finger at anyone in particular. :)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA