Sheperds Bush Tube Station

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Sheperds Bush Tube Station

Post by Sam »

Has Sheperds Bush tube station (Central line) ever been called Sheperds Bush Green, because I was at Fairlop this morninf and noticed a white sticker covering up "Green" after Sheperds Bush, but as far as I was aware it was never Sheperds Bush Green :?
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

yeah, it was once shepherd's bush green. hell knows why they changed it, it makes it ridiculously confusing as shepherd's bush (H&C) and shepherd's bush (central) are NOT an interchange - theyre 5-10 mins walk away from each other. white city to latimer road is shorter, albeit a more dangerous road to cross.

while we're on this subject, does anyone know if the shepherd's bush station people keep talking about adding to the WLL will be an interchange with either tube station, and if so which one?
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

Whilst it has been planned to rename Shepherd's Bush (Central) to Shepherd's Bush Green, it's never actually been done, though maps with the "Green" plated over appear at various stations, which is what causes confusion.

The proposals for serving the White City development are a new station on the H&C to serve the Western side, and enlargement/reconstruction of the Central Line station to act as an interchange with the station on the West London Line, the platforms for which will be near the site of the former Uxbridge Road station (located on a branch from what is now Kensington Olympia to just West of Latimer Road on the H&C).

HTH,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

On the TfL proposed changes document it's got the WLL interchanging with both Shepherd's Bush stations...