All Stations Attempt (Going Off Topic ...)

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

As you would know had you spoken to Steve I am doing some sort of charity attempt this year with uni friends, at a walking pace with toilet stops, record attempts with Steve, and Tube Relief 2006 if it happens.
Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Yeah i knew about your thing with uni friends, i was refering to Record attempts. I'm also back involved with them, the last one I felt i couldnt complete all of, because of other stuff :)
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Hmmm, try spelling my surname right Mr Searle, for it has no "r" in it and folk who put an r in my name, usually end up in a grave somewhere, or if I have no time for that, the bottom of the thames, I shall mull over the contract, discuss with my partner in crime and get back to you
Yours,
Miss. S. J. Cawley
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Sam! Don't listen to him!
dr_chris wrote:6. You will accept that Tim-Tams are the best biscuit ever.

c) Forcing the idiot standing on the left on the escalator out of the way.
The Hob Nob is the best biscuit ever! This is Chris. Do not believe his lies. He is the one. Kill him.

PS. Stand on the right - my speciality!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Chris, a few points:

1.) Where the hell has the Star Wars references come from? And Obi-Wan Wilson? Surely you can do better than that?!!

2.) Team Captain? Why have I not been consulted over this? May I remind you who it was that gave you the opportunity to take part in Tube Relief, and thus give you the impotus to do some Tube Challenging?

3.) You also make several references to you being the shorter (and therefore better-looking, cleverer and more experienced). May I draw your attention to this picture on your very own website, which quite clearly indicates that you are the taller by at least an inch: http://www.chrissearle.co.uk/tube%202/metro.jpg
Therefore, I, from now on, shall be taking over the mantle of the cleverer, better-looking and more experienced, and shall also henceforth be taking over the role of Team Captain :p

4.) I can confirm that Sam already has reached alcoholic status ;)

5.) I dispute your decision to trade in Greeny. I consider him to possibly be the most indespensible member of the team, as it is he that will drive us to Amersham in the first place, and it is he that shall be doing the official timing on the stopwatch, that without him and it, any record attempt would be invalidated anyway!

On an aside, am I the only insulin dependent diabetic to have successfully completed an all stations challenge?

Steeevooo
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Dr Searle...
Having discussed with Steve I feel that I will accept your contract, however as Steve rightly points out, he is the shorter better looking one! And as you are using star wars references, who am i??? :P But we also cannot trade Greeny in, for he is rather important!
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Last edited by dr_chris on 23 Feb 2006, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Mr Searle...
Thank you for your quick response, this is very much appreciated and I told Steve just this evening that I wish to be known as Princess Leia, should I be honoured with a star wars title! :)
As for contributions to the Jedi Beer Fund, money is limited, so it may have to wait until January when student loan comes through, that is of course, if I haven't drunk it by then!
I do have one thing to argue though, you may be taller, maybe even cleverer than Steve, but you are most definately not better looking than him.
Also a note about the biscuits, I have never heard of Tim Tams, so could you please explain what they are and where I can lay my greedy hands on some?
Sam :) aka Princess Leia 8)
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

"Who can I be?"
"You can be Jabba."
"Is that the princess?"
*pause*
"Yeah."
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

dr_chris - you know what happened to the last attempt at this record using calculus, don't you?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Please note that calculus will only be used for date selection and not for route planning. Therein lies the key...

I personally think that I should have my own record for the best-looking person to complete a full challenge...

If that doesn't work - how about two full challenges on consecutive days?!? Now there's a nutty idea...
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

How about "most narcissistic attempt"?!
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

Tsk...kids today...