Did "all lines" today.

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

CrunchySaviour wrote:I disagree.
So do I, to be honest. I just felt like making a powerful speech, and since that specific situation is very unlikely to arise anywhere near a podium and/or PA system, it had to be an online affair. And thanks to Jonny for your appreciation!

Though maybe such a speech could feature in "Tube Challenge: The Movie" :D
CrunchySaviour wrote:Such a planner would be rather good. Geoff has made one with carriage and door positions and everything.

If you want a marvellous, magnificent Tube Challenge Planner, make it yourself!
Indeed, something like that would be bloody good - you could accurately work out realistic on-foot connection times based on actual knowledge of the station/road/footpath layouts, and a realistic estimate of your average walking speed (which varies between us all - I'm a lardy shortass and can't walk as fast as fitter, taller people, hence all that kerfuffle at West Harrow...).

And compiling such a thing would be a really good idea - we could have a comprehensive guide, taking into account all different possible movements in any particular station. It would be great. Yes.
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

I disagree. Such a planner would be rather good. Geoff has made one with carriage and door positions and everything.

If you want a marvellous, magnificent Tube Challenge Planner, make it yourself!
i thought that was what he was saying anyway! oh well.