Zone 1 2011 with Tangy (and Roger)

All you need to know and discuss about the 2011 Zone 1 Challenge.
palkanetoijala31

Re: Zone 1 2011 with Tangy (and Roger)

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

hwolge wrote:Are there any plans for organized warm-up event on Thursday, June 2nd? Or any for a wind-down event on Saturday, June 4th?
Wind down event on the Satruday is the final round of the r15 Hakan.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hmm, a warm-up sounds fun if it is in the evening...
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Every event needs a logo and now is time to reveal the logo for this years Zone 1 Challenge.

**drum roll**

Comments?

Tangy
BOZO 2011
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Its good, looks like a set of train wheels to me :P

I was thinking (I am by no means telling you to change it of course), but what if you just had the red roundel (like the proper one) and have "Zone 1" in the red above the blue bar and "challenge" below it and "2011" in the blue bar itself?
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

When are people going to learn not to do something and then ask everyone what they think of it?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Is it compulsory to use DLR and Tramlink during the Z1 challenge?
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Well I think it is rather spiffing 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Expressions of Interest

With three weeks to go until the challenge itself, its time to open the registration for you to put your name down for the event.

Please send me a PM message or email (contact details in my profile) stating your expression of interest. If you are not yet definately coming (i.e a maybe) then please make this clear in your registration. Also if you are sending a registration for multiple people in one post, please make sure you list everyone attending.

Please respond with "Zone 1, 2011" as the title in your post.

Tangy
BOZO, 2011
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

I will also put out the following Tangy now that i am technically a free and single Tubechallenger (please note that Jo my new girlfriend will never be a tube challenger nor would i want her too)i offer my help to a fellow tube challenger who turns up at the event wishing a partner obviously i dont have to point out my credentials.!
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I will also put out the following Tangy now that i am technically a free and single Tubechallenger (please note that Jo my new girlfriend will never be a tube challenger nor would i want her too)i offer my help to a fellow tube challenger who turns up at the event wishing a partner obviously i dont have to point out my credentials.!
Surly a world record holder like you will need to organise interviews or something, for potential teammates!! :lol:
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
palkanetoijala31

The Raven wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:I will also put out the following Tangy now that i am technically a free and single Tubechallenger (please note that Jo my new girlfriend will never be a tube challenger nor would i want her too)i offer my help to a fellow tube challenger who turns up at the event wishing a partner obviously i dont have to point out my credentials.!
Surly a world record holder like you will need to organise interviews or something, for potential teammates!! :lol:
Well the credentials are you dont need to be a fast runner have a interest in the london underground and be able to drink a lot afterwards.
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

Do you think I will be OK with an arrival into Euston at 1134? Do you have any idea of the times yet? (I mention 1134 because it looks perhaps a little tight, but I really want to get this one as I get cheaper off-peak fares but if I go any earlier, I will have to pay peak fares. And I haven't got the option of travelling with Wrexham and Shropshire any more as I have done before, because they've finished). I would prefer if it went back to Oxford Circus as that is more central than, say, Shoreditch HIgh Street which is rather out of the way (I didn't get there for the draw in time last year!).
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Well the credentials are you dont need to be a fast runner have a interest in the london underground and be able to drink a lot afterwards.
I think I can do all three!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

JoeGJ1984 wrote:Do you think I will be OK with an arrival into Euston at 1134? Do you have any idea of the times yet? (I mention 1134 because it looks perhaps a little tight, but I really want to get this one as I get cheaper off-peak fares but if I go any earlier, I will have to pay peak fares. And I haven't got the option of travelling with Wrexham and Shropshire any more as I have done before, because they've finished). I would prefer if it went back to Oxford Circus as that is more central than, say, Shoreditch HIgh Street which is rather out of the way (I didn't get there for the draw in time last year!).

I would like to know the meeting point and time as well as soon as known please as I have to advise a well known tube challenger of the details who has had problems logging onto the forum for some considerable time..... I will PM Tangy with his Expression of Interest
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

I'd certainly be up for teaming up if you don't have any better offers :wink: