Where Am I - LU - 13 Questions (finished)

Can you tell where it is yet?
RobbieM
All Zones

Re: Where Am I - LU - 13 Questions

Post by RobbieM »

jamesthegill wrote:BTW the Premiership question could've been red or blue coloured lines ;)
Oops - yes, sorry - I missed Chelsea out of the mix. But no, it's not blue either - I think you've established its colour by now! (Anyway, we'd already established it wasn't a deep level line, which the blue ones all are :wink: )
...and the red one, actually :lol:
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Right then, is the station a new addition to the network?
Last edited by tangy on 17 Feb 2010, 22:54, edited 2 times in total.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

Yes it is! (13/13)

So here's the deal, you've had your 13 questions, but haven't named the station. So technically I've won, but if you tell me the station name, I'll let you have it as question 13a... :)
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Well, I have asked question 13, so I still win as there will be no question 14 which would be over the quota you allocated, 13 questions. The answer is not a question.

Wood Lane is the answer.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

tangy wrote:Well, I have asked question 13, so I still win as there will be no question 14 which would be over the quota you allocated, 13 questions. The answer is not a question.

Wood Lane is the answer.
Got it! Correct! :D :D But then, you already knew that. Well done, and goodnight for now! :roll:
Root
All Zones

Re: Where Am I - LU - 13 Questions (finished)

Post by Root »

I think, interpreting the rules as they were intended, we've lost / Robbie's won.
If no one has correctly guessed up to and including the 20th question then the game is over and you have all lost the game...

...Each new round that is played contains one fewer guess than the game before. So if the first game has 20 guesses, the next has 19 and so on.
(Did Neil really write "lost the game"?)

In this round the answer came after the final guess, not "up to and including" it.

That said, I think it should be allowed to slide just this once, because it seems to be the first time this situation has occurred. So long as everyone's clear on it for future quizzes!
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

I'm happy with declaring it 'won' - I won't be around to run another one in the next couple of days!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

It is my turn to do one- but since I am out on a FNC tomorrow I will start it on Saturday

Tangy.