Which English Football League ground am I at? (All 92 clubs)

Can you tell where it is yet?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Which English Football League ground am I at? (All 92 clubs)

Post by tubeguru »

Whatever - my interest in football is limited ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Neil: Kevin asked us to find out which ground he was hiding at, not which club.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yes, I worked that out now. I wouldn't have known that was the name of the ground!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tubeguru wrote:Yes, I worked that out now. I wouldn't have known that was the name of the ground!
its a much better ground than millmoor they should stay.
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Firstly, I'm irritated that I wasn't online when the majors clues came through for Don Valley being GKR's stadium, otherwise I'm sure I'd have got it! But I've won before, I'm not that upset. But onto some disgusting politics of the FA...

I'm all for Rotherham staying in Sheffield, after all we're the only city in England other than London to have three football league clubs, and Don Valley's owners, a local government quango by the name of Sheffield International Venues could do with the money, as Don Valley is becoming an economic white elephant for the city, especially with the Sheffield Eagles set to move to Bramall Lane leaving the stadium with no regular anchor tenant. However everyone in Sheffield is proud to have it as one of the jewels that makes us the City of Sport, yet it would be great if the stadium maintains a regular tenant, because unfortunately the FA have implemented a ridiculous rule on the club that they have to move back into Rotherham by the end of next season or else they will loose their "golden ticket to the Football League." The only other alternative is to the club's name so that it includes either Sheffield or Don Valley!

I know a few Millers fans and they'd all rather that the club stayed at Don Valley rather than being forced to spend money they don't really have on a new 'community' stadium somewhere in Rotherham, all because the owner of Millmoor, a scrap metal merchant who used to be chairman, and whose premises surround Millmoor, has fallen out so majorly with the club. I'm no expect on the issue, but it seems that everyone thinks that Ken Booth, the scrap metal merchant, was being unreasonable with the club and therefore fans have a deep reluctance to go back to Millmoor, as Booth is seen is as such a bad man, even if Millmoor is the spiritual home of the Millers. It also seems that no Rotherham fans, nor Sheffielders for that matter, have a problem with a team called Rotherham playing in Sheffield, because everyone except the FA can recognise the fact that the stadium is only 2 miles from the border, nor does Don Valley lie in an area of Sheffield that traditionally supports either the Owls or the Blades, and therefore isn't "invading our territory" as often tribal football fans would have it. I only hope that the FA will see sense and Rotherham will be allowed to stay, or I fear that the Football League will loose a club, as the club have just 19 months till they need to move to the new stadium, whose site has yet to be even found let alone designed or be built. The only positive news is that the council are being supportiive in finding a site and with the planning application, yet as this process hasn't even begun regretfully I can only say...

You heard it here first.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

^ Surely, if their time was up and they still didn't have a stadium to go to, they'd just change their name (to something Sheffield- or Don Valley-related) rather than drop out of the football league?
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

You'd have thought/hope so.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

"Rotherham Don Valley" sounds like a parkway station!
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Just a quick update, from today's developments. Rotherham have now bought a piece of land, which actually lies closer to the town centre than Millmoor, with the assistance of the Council. They are looking to build a 12 000 seater stadium with an attached training ground, which will cost £20-25 million pounds, and can be extended to 16 000 seats should the need arise. Some public funds may come forward to develop the old Guest and Chrimes Foundry site on Don Street which has laid undeveloped for 14 years, however the club already have some form of agreement with the Council, and their planning department, which must encourage the stadium's construction, even though currently no planning permission has been sought. This agreement should guarantee investment from business partners and therefore it seems highly likely that the Millers will return to Rotherham by the FA's deadline of the beginning of the 2012/13 season. The site is just the other side of the infamous scrap yard, with only a railway line separating the ground from their old foe, Mr Booth. To say that anyone expected this story, even those in the media, would be an understatement.