TUBE 24 3RD WORLD RECORD

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
Wanstead
Zone 4

Re: TUBE 24 3RD WORLD RECORD

Post by Wanstead »

tpfkar wrote:Congratulations - superb time.

I ran Edgware to Canon's Park once, up the hill so ran out of gas towards the end, but I could see there was no train coming.

The first time I did it I got hopelessly lost and did a 30 min Edgware->jog->stop and look at map->Swear->hobble->Kingsbury connection :)
There's nNo substitute for pacing out connections you have to make on foot when planning an attempt. When you're actually on it you'll have little time to think...
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Wanstead wrote:
tpfkar wrote:Congratulations - superb time.

I ran Edgware to Canon's Park once, up the hill so ran out of gas towards the end, but I could see there was no train coming.

The first time I did it I got hopelessly lost and did a 30 min Edgware->jog->stop and look at map->Swear->hobble->Kingsbury connection :)
There's nNo substitute for pacing out connections you have to make on foot when planning an attempt. When you're actually on it you'll have little time to think...
For the newbies who roam these pages i take ur through the mind of an andi james!Exiting the station say for example High Barnet is to try and get in the best position for whether the bridge or the exit on platform 1.

Then run up the road as fast as i humanly can to the bus stop take 1 look up the hill for a bus if 1 then take it depending on what it is for 1 stop at least if no bus then downhill running is always good and easy.

I have calculated for high barnet run every bus stop takes me around 1m30s to transverse so consciously every 30s i look over my shoulder to see if bus behind this way no momentum is lost by dithering.

Depending on if i have got to new barnet without seeing a 307 i then think blow it i can run the rest faster than the bus anyway takes to get to roundabout and run.
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:For the newbies who roam these pages i take ur through the mind of an andi james!Exiting the station say for example High Barnet is to try and get in the best position for whether the bridge or the exit on platform 1.

Then run up the road as fast as i humanly can to the bus stop take 1 look up the hill for a bus if 1 then take it depending on what it is for 1 stop at least if no bus then downhill running is always good and easy.

I have calculated for high barnet run every bus stop takes me around 1m30s to transverse so consciously every 30s i look over my shoulder to see if bus behind this way no momentum is lost by dithering.

Depending on if i have got to new barnet without seeing a 307 i then think blow it i can run the rest faster than the bus anyway takes to get to roundabout and run.
(We should probably split this into a new thread.)

The High Barnet run is an interesting one because without giving too much away there is a point where if the worst happens and you're still on foot having reached New Barnet, you should veer off the bus route to take a more direct line to Cockfosters station. However if you do this you give up the chance of picking up any buses on route. It's a gamble unless you like running!
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Everyone seems to be spoonfed these days :(
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

This time has now officially been ratified by Guinness on March 10th 2010.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Played Andi, we now know the amended "official" target :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold