The Tube Challenge Bandwagon

Discuss the full Tube Challenge here
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

I don't think it has been confirmed when the T4 loop will reopen yet.
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

G Force wrote:I don't think it has been confirmed when the T4 loop will reopen yet.
Well there's not an exact date yet, given that that's dependent on how the project progresses, but the TfL site has a guesstimate of "September 2006" at present.

In addition, the WB platform at Ruislip Manor is closed UFN, and Eastcote closes at 2100 Sunday to Thursday until December and, of course, Queensway is closed completely UFN.

HTH,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

James_#510 wrote:Been planning and preparing for over a year. Finally going for my own attempt in just over a month. (Starting where I want this time Geoff!)
I take it that means either Chesham or somewhere else completely different ... :-)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

barrykas wrote:In addition, the WB platform at Ruislip Manor is closed UFN, and Eastcote closes at 2100 Sunday to Thursday until December and, of course, Queensway is closed completely UFN.
WB platform at Ruislip Manor - temporary change - does not affect any attempts - pass through allowed.

Eastcote closes at 2100 - temporary change - does not affect any attempts - pass through allowed.

Queensway is closed completely - temporary change - does not affect any attempts - pass through allowed.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

tubeguru wrote:
James_#510 wrote:Been planning and preparing for over a year. Finally going for my own attempt in just over a month. (Starting where I want this time Geoff!)
I take it that means either Chesham or somewhere else completely different ... :-)
Hammersmith! :-)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Ah yeah - the old "start as early as you can" myth.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

tubeguru wrote:Ah yeah - the old "start as early as you can" myth.
Given that my Epping route starts after 6am...
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

04.40 from Hammersmith doesn't connect with anything useful though! All it does it let you have more time during the day to get round.

I *do* like the ideo of starting at Epping though, I did once plan a route with an old copy of the Central WTT, but it's most likely changed quite a lot now.

Rumour has is that Shoreditch will close before T4 comes back on-line or T5 opens at all - so it will be interesting to see how (if?) Guinness handle that one.

For that are doing it in it's current configuration - I'd love to know what you actually end up "doing" for T4 when you get the bus there. Do you get out? Stay on the bus? Stand by the closed entrance and take a photo! Or what?
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

geofftech wrote:I *do* like the ideo of starting at Epping though, I did once plan a route with an old copy of the Central WTT, but it's most likely changed quite a lot now.
Looks like an Epping start's going to be a bit useless, given that the earlies train on the Hainault loop starts from Hainault, heading into town, but nothing serving Roding Valley and Chigwell comes along until around 6am.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

0607 d Epping
0620 a Woodford
0625 d Woodford
0636 a Hainhault

but - how would you deal witH Amersham & Chesham - very ad hoc if you leave it to the end of the night!
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

geofftech wrote:For that are doing it in it's current configuration - I'd love to know what you actually end up "doing" for T4 when you get the bus there. Do you get out? Stay on the bus? Stand by the closed entrance and take a photo! Or what?
I've told you this before, but I will say it again. You are dropped off outside departures, have to get off the bus, go through the terminal, down in a lift, across a road then to bus stop 20 outside arrivals. If you walk at a brisk pace you can still catch the same bus back.
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

moley wrote:0607 d Epping
0620 a Woodford
0625 d Woodford
0636 a Hainhault

but - how would you deal witH Amersham & Chesham - very ad hoc if you leave it to the end of the night!
Yes, but my point was that the first train from Epping departs at 0512, and the first train (heading London-bound) from Hainault departs at 0514, so it removes the possibility of starting as early as possible.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

geofftech wrote:For that are doing it in it's current configuration - I'd love to know what you actually end up "doing" for T4 when you get the bus there. Do you get out? Stay on the bus? Stand by the closed entrance and take a photo! Or what?

You don't know?

That suggests you cheated on Tube8..
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

If you read Geoff's website - it was assumed at the time that terminal 4 did not have to be visited.

As it was a new world record time was not achieved anyway so it does not matter.

The Guiness clarification of the rules was pubished a couple of weeks after Tube 8 took place.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Ahhh.

Fair enough!

Excuse me while I smack my head repeatedly against a wall in shame...